Monday, August 20, 2012

Aug 20, 2012 My Wall!


My wall!


Deer on the game cam















My shelves are up and I almost have them the way I want them.  Just a few more items to put on the one for my Mom's family.  The north end 6' shelf (on the left) is for antiques from my Dad's family.  The middle 8' shelf is for Indian related items we have collected.  And the south 6' shelf is for antiques from my Mother's side of the family.  I also want to put up a few paintings.  The whole wall has turned out even better than I had imagined.

We have another frog under the house.  A very loud one!  Obviously one who doesn't need water because it is almost dry down there.  I still have no idea how they get under there.  Must be through a mouse tunnel.  (Do mice dig tunnels?)

No really interesting animals on the game cam this week except for this deer with quite a rack on him.  Other than that, just some coyotes and human visitors.

The air is still hazy from the Cle Elem fire and when conditions are just right we can smell the smoke.  As the crow flies, it is probably 15 miles southeast of us, but probably double that by land.

Very hot and muggy this past weekend.  81 degrees each day.  Storm clouds moved over both days but mainly to the east.  We could hear thunder about mid-day yesterday to the northeast.  All we had were a few sprinkles in the morning.  Barely enough to clear the air, but it smelled so good.

Since there was so much construction activity on the porch near the humming bird feeder I think most of them have moved down the mountain to our closest neighbor.  She has several feeders out and lots of flowers that they like.  We only see one or two a day now.  It is sadly quiet around the feeder.

Yesterday evening we finally went visiting.  Down to Larry and Elsie's first, but they were not home.  Very disappointing.  So then we went back up the road to one of the young couples, and his mother who has all the hummingbird feeders.  The couple is into making beautiful jewelry and I wanted to make a trade with them.  A bag of tumbled stones in exchange for a bracelet and pair of earrings for which I provided the stones.  They thought it was a very good trade, so now I am looking forward to my new jewelry.  We then drove further up the road to visit the other young couple who live in the canyon and have the one-year-old son.  It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.  It is almost as though that now the inside of our home is almost completely finished, we are freed up to get out and about.

Thought for the day: If you worry, will it change the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment