Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012 What?! Already?!


The moon Monday night

Wow! August! I know we are way into the summer by where the sun is rising and setting, on its way back south towards our winter. It just seems odd to actually write the word August.

Monday and Tuesday have both been busy days, I think more for JB trying to get his honey-do’s done. He chipped two more loads and started laying it on the path to the tipi and outhouse. He also built three benches that I wanted. I will paint them today, and after the BBQ I will put one of them on the north ridge and one on the deck. I think after the first snow we will put all three of them on the deck. They are very simple and I am so pleased with the way they turned out!  (Will post a picture after they are painted.)


I have been generally cleaning up outside - branches and dirt clods. Then snipping more branch wood with my big clippers for the wood shed. Have also started trimming the path to the north ridge of grass that has grown over the rock edging.


Today we are going to leave early to mow the weeds in the middle of our road. A yearly chore that we always do the week before the BBQ. Will also have to trim some bushes and trees back from the road.  Usually takes a couple hours. So far only twelve people will be coming, with just six left to hear from.


It took Dinga 24 hours to get up the nerve to go back under the porch after her encounter with the rattle snake, and that has been her favorite spot all summer. Jesse took 48 hours to get his nerve back up. He is apoplectic when it comes to rattle snakes and I guess that’s a good thing.


Thought for the day: Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading. Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment