Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sept 11, 2013 An Auspicious Date

Sloping the ground on his toy. . .

Monday, 9/9.  It was a good trip Down There.  I love it when so many of the items I want are on sale.  I was back to Rose Camp by 3:00 pm even after filling our containers with water and having a nice chat with Larry.  Am starting to load up for winter, which means bigger loads with each trip and thus lots more to unload and put away.  At least I only had five loads of laundry this time.  I have noticed that for a place where no one really wants to be, everyone is quite friendly at the laundromat, so the experience isn't all that bad.

After dinner I just plopped on the couch with a small glass of Buttershots and watched a couple episodes of "Fringe."

Tuesday, 9/10.  Lots of magazines and newspapers still left to read with breakfast.  Then it was time to hit it: defrost the fridge; do the dishes; vacuum seal the meat I had purchased; prepare chicken broth for the dogs; finish going through the mail.  Lots of catalogs this trip.  Must be getting close to the holidays. . .  Well, it is September.

JB went out to slope the ground more evenly downhill with the tractor on the north side of the house.  He is really getting good at manipulating the bucket.  I turned on the well pump and got a full inch of water, so we're up to 20".  Slowly by surely.

Our high for the day was 70, just like yesterday.

After dinner  the dogs and I went for a hike up to the peak.  Then I pulled more weeds that are trying to cover the gravel where we park the cars.  Since the rain had really saturated the ground, it is easy to get them out by the roots.  It had been an incredible late summer day, so JB and I sat on the porch for a while and enjoyed the evening.

Wednesday, 9/11.  A day full of sad memories for all of us. . .

Thought for the day:  Conscious of the reality of evil and the tragedy of the individual life, and conscious, too, of the demand that life be conducted with decency.  Dag Hammarskjold

No comments:

Post a Comment