Friday, July 10, 2015

July 10, 2015 Hot. Hotter. Argh!!!

My easy-to-clean bird bath.





Wednesday 7/8. Our visit to the vet turned into a horrible trauma for Dinga.  Each time I have taken her, it has been worse.  So I decided that this was her very last visit, regardless.  If something awful happens to her, I will just have to put her down.  On top of everything else, they ran out of rattlesnake vaccine yesterday.  I will take Jesse in for his shot and then next year we will take him to a new vet clinic, but never again for Dinga.

We got home a little after 10:00 am.  I had breakfast and then took a long nap.

I have a cement bird bath that I have had for years but never used it as such because it is so hard to clean.  It occurred to me that if I put a pan in it, I could clean that out very easily.  And so I did.  Now I clean it out every other day and the birds always have fresh water.  How simple, and it only took me 25 years to think of it!

There was very little air movement today, so our high of 88 seemed much hotter than that.

We started watching the second season of Weeds this evening and it completely took our mind off the heat.  Hilarious!

Thursday 7/9. It was 72 and clear this morning, with a little less smoke to the north.  JB took off down the road in Miss Kitty about 10:00 am to spray for knap weed.  He had to come back and fill up the sprayer a second time.  He missed a lot of it last year, so he wanted to be sure he got it all this year.

On his first trip he came upon a deer just ambling down the road at the short-cut turn off to RJ's.  He slowly followed it for a ways until it obviously got upset with his presence and turned off down into the woods.  He was so tickled by the encounter, although I doubt the deer was.

I did the laundry, the dishes, some more scanning and read a book.  Trying to keep cool, but not succeeding.  JB took it easy for the rest of the day when he finished up at about 11:30 am, and read a book also.  Our high for the day was 92, again with no air movement.  Thank goodness the temperature is supposed to start cooling down beginning tomorrow, and then a little cooler each day of the weekend.

I found a great sounding recipe for zucchini fries that I made for dinner this evening.  Half-inch thick spears are dredged through beaten egg, then covered with panko bread crumbs, Parmesan and rosemary and cooked on a cookie sheet.  JB grilled pork chops.  Delicious!  And well worth it even though I had to use the oven.

Watched more Weeds this evening.  More hilarity.

Friday 7/10. It is 69 and clear this morning, but still with a lot of smokey haze to the north.  I am going to take a nice, cool shower and then I am off to go garage saling!

Thought for the day: Prayer is not our last resort, but our first resource.  Guideposts reader Gary Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment