Friday, July 24, 2015

July 24, 2015 A New Man

One of our two tomato plants by the bird bath.



Wednesday 7/22. I didn't realize how grey and pasty JB had become until I first saw him this morning after they had implanted his pace maker!  I could actually tell where his grey whiskers ended as they were in such contrast to his rosy complexion.  He was still a little groggy, but obviously felt much better.

After he was all settled in his new room, out of ICU, I left him to sleep and ran some errands before going home.  He should be able to come home tomorrow and will call to let me know what time to pick him up.

I did some housework, a load of laundry, and started a book that JB had found for me - Ironhorse by Robert B. Parker.  Excellent, of course.  Our high for the day was 73 and mostly clear all day.  Lovely.

I also counted the tomatoes - 33 total on both of our plants, and there are still more flowers!

Thursday 7/23. It was 58 and breezy with partly cloudy skies this morning.  I left at 10:30 to go pick up JB.  He was looking good and so pleased to finally be allowed out of bed.  He had asked the pace maker representative if being around our bank of batteries would be a problem, since with these new pace makers you can actually have an MRI.  The rep had never been asked that question before and said that if JB started feeling woozy or light-headed when he was cleaning the cables, then he shouldn't be there.  He has to be careful with the chain saw and can only use it if he holds it below his waist.  Well, that's not an option when cutting down trees, so we will have to work on a solution.   He should be able to cut them into rounds once they are down.  Probably won't be a problem for another year or two as we have so much firewood already cut and stacked, and there are still a lot of naturally downed trees we can use. 

When asked if he wanted a wheelchair ride out or to walk, JB said, "I walked in here and I will walk out of here!"  After picking up his new blood pressure meds, we were home by 1:30 pm and JB went straight to bed for a couple hours.  He has to get used to his new meds, as they slow him down a bit for a couple of hours after taking them.  

So good to have him home again.

Friday 7/24. It is 58 and clear this morning.  We are just going to take it slow and enjoy the day, together.

A big "Thank You" to all our friends, family and reader for your good wishes and remembering us in your thoughts and prayers.

Thought for the day: I speak my mind because it hurts to bite my tongue all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment