Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29, 2015 Blueberries & Horses

Birds at the bird bath.




Monday 7/27. Just chores and puttering around the house today.  JB has so much energy and feels so much better than he has in months.  He found lots to do, including reading his book.  I baked some double-chocolate zucchini bread, which came out of the oven about five minutes before I left to drive down and help Larry and Elsie pick blueberries.  I cut off a chunk for them and was on my way.

Elsie and I picked blueberries for about two hours, while Larry did some work on their root cellar.  Elsie sent me on my way with a bag of berries, and some garlic and onions.  I picked up the mail and headed home.

A very good day with a high of 70 and a cool breeze.

Tuesday 7/28. It was 60 and clear this morning with a light breeze.  As I went out to feed the girls and water the plants, I noticed that the bird bath was completely dry.  Can't believe the birds did that, so it must have been a four-legged critter during the night.  Although sometimes there are as many birds there as can fit on the edge of the pan and more waiting their turn in the nearby bushes and tomato plant.

JB had fresh blueberries in his breakfast cereal and I was snacking on them all day long.  Definitely going to have to bake a blueberry something.

We finally drained the last of the water from the water barrels that we had been using to flush the toilet.  That 150 gallons lasted a long time.

I have seen only one or two humming birds in the last several days, so I took down the feeders.  Sad to see them leave so early.

Our high for the day was 74 with a nice breeze.  A perfect day.

Mrs. Gridder called this afternoon to say that her Dad wanted to come up tomorrow with both his horses to go riding and would that be OK.  OK?  That would be phenomenal!  So I will meet him at their place by 9:30 am and we will be off for a day of riding.

We have been watching the second season of Major Crimes in the evenings since JB got home.  One of our favorites.

Wednesday 7/29. It is 59 with clear skies this morning, and I plan to spend most of the day in the saddle.

Thought for the day: A room without books is like a body without a soul. Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment