Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 18, 2015 A Frozen Road & Wild Weather

Our yard Wednesday morning.






Monday 11/16. Just as I thought, the muddy road had frozen so there was no slipping and sliding, just bumpety-bumping, as I drove Down There this morning.  Got my crown, and although it cost as much as a tiara, it certainly does not sparkle like one, even when I open my mouth.  Very disappointing.

While I was gone, JB baked muffins, moved benches and other items out of harms way from the impending storm.  He also parked the tractor in a more sheltered area by the wood shed.

Our high Up Here was only 32 and none of the frozen puddles on the road had melted by the time I returned home.  The dogs both came back in covered with snow when we let them out a little after 7:00 pm.  By 9:00 pm, we had more than an inch covering the ground.

One of those days when I was just glad it was over. . .

Tuesday 11/17. It was 40 and raining with wind gusts to 32 mph when we got up this morning.  Only a few dots of white left from last night.  So very glad we do not have to go Down There for a while.

The wind soon increased its gusts to 40 mph and the rain was coming in horizontally.  That was our weather for the entire day.  It blew over the wood cradle.  I fastened the top of the cistern with tie-downs just to be on the safe side.  It ripped the tarp off of the wood on the end of the porch, so I had to re-stack the end and fasten down the tarp better.

Anything I did outside was just nasty!  Got wood.  Fed the girls.  Had to clean out debris from the two drains.

Inside, I worked on Nene's Christmas present.  JB was on his computer for a while.  And since we had received two envelopes from Sandy, we had lots of crossword puzzles to solve.  Poor Dinga was a velcro dog all day with wind roaring about.

The wind finally died down sometime while we were watching the fourth Die Hard movie this evening.  The temperature fell and snow began to fall.  So after all that crazy weather during the day, the porch and front yard looked just the same as they had last night - white with snow.  Our high for the day was 42, but by 9:30 pm it was 28.

Wednesday 11/18. It is 26 this morning and we have 1" of snow on the ground.  Another storm is due in tomorrow.  I can hardly wait. . .

Regarding the comment about the mysterious eyes, I don't think we have foxes in the area (although I sure wish we did).  There are feral dogs, but we have never seen them. 

Thought for the day: I believe in the power of prayer; the energy of love; the strength of faith, and the promise of hope.  FearlessRider.com

No comments:

Post a Comment