Friday, November 27, 2015

November 27, 2015 A Novel & Very Happy Thanksgiving

Dinga & Jesse on our short walk Wednesday.
JB's loaf of bread.
















Wednesday 11/25. I hesitated to write this, but last Saturday, when I got up at 2:00 am to check the fire, my muse smacked me over the head with an idea for the novel I have always wanted to write.  I stayed up for almost two hours writing.  Ever since then I have be jotting down notes, day and night.  I started it on my computer and am trying to learn to use the little recorder that JB gave me several years ago.  It may take me a year, five years or ten to complete it.  Or perhaps it will be a journey without an end.  But I have started it.  Can't go anywhere until you start.

On JB's morning walk with the dogs, he saw lots of deer, rabbit and squirrel tracks on the south ridge.  That's another thing we like about the snow, being able to see what critters have been around.

Did laundry and dishes.  Worked on Christmas presents.  JB baked a beautiful loaf of bread.  Read our books.  The dogs and I went out for a hike down the driveway, but I cut it short as I couldn't keep my fingers warm.  We went up to the north ridge and back home.

While my phone was charging, Randy left a message that if our lowest temp inside was indeed 67, then he is ready to move in!  Well, that's the temp in the great room.  The bathroom is always a few degrees cooler, and the bedroom averages about 54, as we leave the window open a few inches and the door (curtain) closed.

Not a cloud in the sky all day long.  A bright, sunny day with a high of 30.  Randy sent photos of their place, which looks a lot like ours with all the snow.

Watched the last episodes of the last season of Burn Notice.  Loved it!

There is no more beautiful sight than a full moon on a snowy forest. . .

Thursday 11/26. It was 24 with clear skies this morning.  Buster arrived at 5:00 am to play! 

JB's Mom called to wish us Happy Thanksgiving.  She said not to worry that we can't be over there as she will eat our portions.

I baked pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese filling to take with us to dinner.  JB started up all of the vehicles.  We just took our time getting ready to leave, which we did at 2:50 pm.  It took 40 minutes to go the three miles down to Larry and Elsie's, but it was such a beautiful drive on such a lovely day.  No storm and our high for the day was 36.  The sun melted the snow off the side of the roof and all the trees it could reach.

We had such a fun time at dinner and completely stuffed ourselves.  The moon was out on our drive home and lit our way.  We were in bed by 8:30 pm, completely sated with food and friendship.

Friday 11/27. It is, once again, 24 and clear this morning.  I can see the almost full moon sitting just above the mountains.  Now we just have to get ready for tomorrow's big dinner.

Thought for the day: Stress cannot exist in the presence of pie. David Mamet

No comments:

Post a Comment