Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 4, 2015 An Egg & A Safe Computer!




A rainbow after the storm.
The tree across our road.
Gridder's pygmy goats on
our visit Sunday.














The last of my tomatoes, ripening on
my kitchen windowsill.
Monday 11/2. This morning when I went to feed the girls, I found an egg that was obviously left over from yesterday!  JB had given the girls their afternoon corn and had not even looked for eggs.  I figured it was Blondie's birthday present for him.

I feel so removed from today's fast-paced world.  It's all too fast, so techie.  And I do not understand many of the terms that are used.  I could see this in our visit with my brother, his son and a friend Saturday evening, and almost every time I talk to our son.  I see it when I read Time magazine and other such periodicals.  My first reaction is that I am so glad we live Up Here on the mountain, but then immediately on the heels of that, I am thinking that I am missing out on something.  Possibly something big.  Or not. . .

And, speaking of Time magazine, there is a very interesting article in the 11/5 issue entitled "The War On Delicious", which is about red meat and cancer.  Lots of takes on political BS involved with the FDA, etc.  But in the end it pretty much says: all things in moderation.  And isn't that just a good rule for life in general.

No wind today, but yesterday it blew some little tomatoes right off the vine.  The day was so quiet without all that bluster.  Sometimes the silence can be quite loud. . .

Regarding the banana-coconut-chocolate chip bread - it turned out sooo delicious.

Well, it's that time of year again when we are eating dinner by candlelight.

Tuesday 11/3. Our first morning down to freezing.  It was 32 and mostly overcast.  However, we did see some ice on the shallow puddles when we drove down our driveway on Sunday.

Since it was so cold, I decided to pick the few tomatoes that were on the vine and bring them inside to ripen.

It was an average day at Rose Camp today, and I spent a lot of time on my computer.  JB puttered around in the cold shop a bit.  The overcast cleared and our high for the day was 48, but as before, I am sure that was just for a very few minutes.

Wednesday 11/4. It is 28 with clear skies this morning.  Definitely time to start making hot cereal for the girls' breakfast.

Thought for the day: A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.  Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment