Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 11, 2016 A Naughty Girl

My Mother's Day gift
from Elsie.
The pelt from the bobcat
Larry shot a few months ago.














Monday 5/9. Our main project for today was to drive the tractor down our road to clear trees and rocks from the edge of the road so the tree-removal truck would have no problems getting to our place on Thursday.  JB drove almost down to the main canyon road and I rode in the back ballast box.  The dogs ran along side.

I walked back, kicking and tossing small rocks and branches out of the way.  We cut one tree, pushed some others out of the way, and brought one very large rock and three smaller ones back up to Rose Camp in the tractor bucket.

Soon after we arrived back home, we discovered Belinda in the new girls' pen!  She didn't seem very interested in them, just their food.  I was able to catch her and put her back where she belonged, and then put some chicken wire across the one small open space on top.  Then it was time for a nap.

The cool wind kept blowing most of the day, and we had a pleasant high of 60.  It was odd to watch the clouds march in from the north instead of the southwest.  They brought rain that finally arrived on our mountain in the evening.

Tuesday 5/10. It was 50 and clear this morning.  When I went to feed the girls, Belinda was in the new girls' pen again trying desperately to get out and get to her breakfast!  I got her back into her pen and after I had some coffee, we raised the second fence up to the top of the pen so there was no space at all for Belinda to sneak through.

JB used the weed-eater to finish cutting the "green" in the grove and on the north side of the outhouse.  It looks so nice now.  Very domestic.

I did another load of wash and got things ready to be gone for three days.  I am going to help Elsie at their shop tomorrow afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday.  It is time for Larry's annual trip to the coast to go fishing with some friends.  I will use tomorrow morning to go to the recycle center and empty the cardboard still in JB's Jeep and then pick up some groceries.

I also hacked up some more bushes just east of our recycle/garbage shed since I know my hands will have three days of rest.  The place is looking good.

Our high for the day was a pleasant 60.  No wind.

Wednesday 5/11. It is 50 and partly cloudy this morning.  I'll be on my way Down There by 10:00 am.

Thought for the day: Eating primarily for health is too much like marrying for money.  In other words, it's not completely crazy, but unless a meal or a relationship commences with yum, I don't see it going anywhere.  Roy Blount Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment