Friday, May 20, 2016

May 20, 2016 Cleaning Up the Downed Trees


One of the larger rounds
JB had to slice.
The "after" photo.

Some of my new plants.












Wednesday 5/18. We didn't get outside until after lunch today.  Absolutely had to get my summer clothes out and put my winter ones away.  Then I kept finding other things that needed to be done inside.

We spent the afternoon working on cleaning up the downed trees.  I clipped the pine branches, while JB cut the large rounds down to size.  We are actually beginning to make a dent in the piles.

The wind picked up around noon as a cold front moved in.  Our high of 72 didn't last very long and by dinner time the temperature was down to 55.

I completely forgot to write about the plants I bought on my birthday which was my main reason for going Down There.  I bought marigolds, petunias and a few other colorful plants, then planted them when I got home.

Our little girls are getting more used to me now and will come very close to get their food.  They certainly are getting big.

Thursday 5/19. It was 39 and partly cloudy this morning, so I gave the girls hot oatmeal for breakfast.  It was the first time the little girls had eaten it and they seemed to enjoy it.  They also love their bananas.

More tree clean-up today.  JB moved everything he had cut yesterday to the splitter, and then split the rest of the pine rounds.  I clipped branches in between helping him.  We just got all our tools put away when a short rain shower moved through.  More rain threatened from the west but never arrived.

Definitely nap time after all that.

We have a lot more humming birds around now and many of them are pregnant.  The little females come to the feeders with the eggs fairly bulging from their tummies.

Our high for the day was only 60, but it was perfect weather for working outside.

Friday 5/20. It is 42 with clear skies this morning.  More cleaning up the trees planned for today, and tomorrow, and the next day. . .

Thought for the day: Whatever difficulties you are facing, they've not come to stay.  They have come to pass.  (Seen on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment