Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6, 2016 A Garbage Run & Rain

Pink trillium along
our road.

Flox and sweet peas by
our house.












Wednesday 5/4. I didn't think we could manage to get all the garbage in the trailer, but we did.  Quite a shock when we got down to the dump and found that the minimum price had increased by one third.  It went from $42 to $63!  And this is for people bringing the garbage to them.  They don't even have to pick it up. . .

We got all our other errands done, partially filling the trailer back up with chicken and dog items.  The 50-lb. bail of straw is so compact that I am sure it is going to explode open when I cut the ties!  We were home by 1:00 pm and the sky had clouded over.  Our high for the day was 64, but still no rain.

It was quite a surprise to see that Ted Cruz dropped out of the presidential race!  I still don't see the Republican party accepting Trump.  Certainly will be interesting to see what happens.

We watched the movie The Life of Pi this evening.  Excellent!  Much better than we thought it would be.

Thursday 5/5. A gentle rain fell most of the night.  Just what we needed.  The temp was 46 with overcast skies when we got up this morning, and the rain began to fall again just as JB and the dogs stepped outside for their morning walk at 10:30.  They went anyway, on the shortened version.  Our high for the day was just 52.

A light rain fell off and on til late afternoon.  A good day to be inside, so after lunch I baked our favorite cookies - oatmeal/chocolate chip - until it was time for our afternoon walk.  JB spent his time organizing a deck of Magic cards to take to a gaming event tomorrow evening.

I stopped using anti-perspirant before Christmas and have finally found a deoderant that works quite well - Arm& Hammer.  Depending upon the day, I might have to put it one a couple times, but I am very pleased with it and no one has complained yet.

And I think I may have found the perfect facial cleanser.  It is two parts coconut oil to one part baking soda.  I was a bit hesitant, as even at my age my face is still too oily to use any moisturizer with oil in it, but the cleanser seems to work great.  So far I am very pleased with it also.

The hummingbirds are back and are quite persistent.  They must have heard me say I was going to wait until May to put out the feeder, and they obviously want me to get with it.

We are going to get our new girls this weekend, which will to be exciting.  Funny how one's definition of "exciting" can change over the years.

Friday 5/6. The skies are blue once again this morning and our temp is 54.  It is supposed to be a hot one today with temps in the high 80's Down There.

Thought for the day: Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.  Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment