Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 25, 2016 Mowing & Trimming Branches

Our first wild rose bloom
of the year.

A red clover that covers much
of the north slope off the
south ridge.
Tiny blooms on a bush we have
Up Here that I have not
been able to identify.












Monday 5/23. JB drove down to help Larry finish erecting their greenhouse.  As usual, the directions make it sound much more simple than it is, IF you can understand them.  He didn't get home til around 2:30 pm, and they had only been able to install the sky lights and two doors into the frame.  Elsie had been gone all weekend, visiting her folks on the other side of the mountains.  After JB left, they were finally able to finish building it.

I trimmed more branches and stacked more kindling, finally able to get the front yard all cleaned up.  On our afternoon walk, I discovered our first blooming wild rose on the south ridge, on a stalk barely six inches high.

This evening we were going start watching the fourth season of Walking Dead again, as I had hoped to find the fifth season at a good price.  It has been more than a year since we watched, and now I am simply not interested in it any more.  Funny how one's fancies change.

Tuesday 5/24. It was 42 with blue skies this morning, and warmed up quickly.  Our high was 64, but it was very warm in the sun.  Large, foreboding clouds began marching across the mountains from the northwest, but most of them went to the south of us and the sun shone most of the day.

JB spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon mowing the south ridge and its north slope, while I vacuumed then moved the branches from the two fir trees to a more shady spot where I can trim them.  There were more branches on the one pine tree than both fir trees put together.

I also filled the tractor bucket several times with the pine needle clusters and JB dumped them in what will be our fourth swale, between the garbage/recycle shed and the driveway.

Tomorrow I will start trimming the rest of the pine tree branches before I move on to the fir branches.  I will be house-sitting for Larry and Elsie over Memorial Day weekend from Friday evening through Monday.  I am going to take my box of recipes with me to sort out, and my computer, so I can move photos from it onto DVD's.  I will be posting Friday morning, but not again until Tuesday.

Wednesday 5/25. It is 44 with a mostly clear sky.  I will be going down to Larry and Elsie's this evening to go over everything for the weekend.

Thought for the day: At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and LIVE IN what is happening.  Facebook PositiveOutlooks

1 comment:

  1. I believe the flower you didn't know if in the bleeding heart family. My mother always had that plant at her house and that is what she called it.

    ReplyDelete