Friday, October 21, 2016

October 21, 2016 Evergreen & Gold

Storm clouds moving off to the
southeast Thursday afternoon.

The mountains and valley fog
after Thursday's storm.











Wednesday 10/19. I certainly picked the perfect day to go Down There.  The road was much better than last week (no sliding sideways) and the colors were magnificent!  Gold, red and orange on a backdrop of evergreen.  Even the road was paved with golden leaves in many places.

Got everything mailed.  Got all my shopping done and more.  Between the dollar store and the thrift store I came home with fourteen books! Woo hoo!  And, of course, I rarely go into Costco without coming home with at least one item than wasn't on my list.

The holidays are obviously getting closer than four months away as our mailbox is now full of catalogs every time I check it.  I do enjoy looking through them though.  How do you know what you need - or what you might need to buy for someone else - if you don't look?

The sun was so warm in town that I had to take my coat off and didn't put it back on til I was almost home.  The sky began clouding over and was pretty much overcast by the time I was back at Rose Camp at 1:30 pm.  Our high for the day was 52.

Thursday 10/20.  It was 40 and raining this morning, as it had most of the night, and we were in the clouds.  Rail fell on and off (mostly on) til about 2:30 pm.  The storm moved east so quickly that by the time of our afternoon walk, the sky was almost completely clear.  Our high for the day was 48, and the blue sky was gorgeous!

Definitely an indoor day, so I did laundry, dishes and baked Toll House bars for Gridder who will be taking me to pick up Miss Kitty on Saturday.  I am going to walk down to their house so there are no issues with getting my Jeep back home.  It's a little less than four miles but all down hill.

This was not a good day for JB's Mom.  Her blood pressure was way down and he had to call the hospice trauma nurse for advice.  The strain is showing on him. . .  This all thanks to our imposter president and his health-care plan.  

Since it is not supposed to rain during the day tomorrow, I am going to walk down to the hair-pin turn below our driveway and dig out some of the drainage "ditches."

During his evening call, JB said that his youngest brother will be there Monday to take over for him.  JB will teach him what to do and stay so he can teach his sister-in-law who will be there on Fridays.  So it looks like he will coming home on Saturday, 10/29!  

Friday 10/21. It is 39 and over cast this morning.  Lots of work to do.

Thought for the day: Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me! I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.




No comments:

Post a Comment