Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 5, 2016 Family is Gathering

The aspen along the main
canyon road, as seen from
Rose Camp.

My pet crocodile.











Monday 10/3. The clouds soon disappeared, so with all that power coming in it was time to vacuum.  I finished just as more clouds began to hide the sun again.  Since it is supposed to rain tomorrow, I gathered up another bag of pine needles.  I have been putting in a fire each morning and evening.

At least two of the girls are sleeping in the cozy nesting boxes.  Am sure they have discovered that it is much warmer in there than on the roosting ladder now that the nights are getting colder.  They gave us 98 eggs in September!  

When I was with Nene I mentioned that I was looking for a good hand egg beater - so she gave me hers!  It is a very sturdy older model and she said she hasn't used it in years.  I had been unable to find a good one, as the new ones are very flimsy, so I was thrilled.

I finished my book, Red Queen by Christopher Pike.  Excellent!

Our high for the day was 58.

JB's Mom was brought home today in a cabulance.  They have arranged round-the-clock care for her.  She is very weak but in good spirits.  I am so very glad that JB spent more time with her this summer and was able to be there for her 95th birthday.  And am so grateful that I had a nice visit with her last week.

Tuesday 10/4. It was 44 and overcast this morning, but the clouds again cleared early and the sun shone for my trip Down There.  There are so many grouse Up Here this year that I practically run over them driving down our road.

Got all my errands run and shopping done, and was home a little after 1:00 pm.  Unloading the Jeep and getting everything put away without JB's help isn't much fun, but I did get to read all the papers right away.  He always reads them first because I cut them up to send items to Sandy.

Our son called to say that he will be flying out on Thursday and will be able to stay until next Wednesday.  He will spend Friday with his Grandmother and then use JB's Jeep to drive to Wenatchee on Saturday and spend a couple days with me.  JB's other son may be flying in also.  This all is so very hard.  Even though you realize what is going on, you can never be prepared for a loved one leaving.

Wedesday 10/5. It is 40 and we are sitting in the fog this morning, physically and mentally. . .

Thought for the day: If you have lived well your smile lines are in the right place. Jennifer Garner



No comments:

Post a Comment