Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016 JB Is Back Home

One of the deer in our yard.

Dinga & Jesse sensing that
JB is coming up the
driveway.














Friday 10/28. Just before the sun actually rises each morning, there are only two colors in our forest.  There is, of course, the evergreen of the trees, but below their branches now everything is gold.  A muted orange that almost glows.  As the light of the sun grows, the color softens and individual shades can be seen.  Awesome.

When the sun did come up this morning, I could see the deep valley fog patted neatly into the canyon.  After feeding the dogs and girls, I looked out our living room window to the north and there were two small deer nibbling at the last of our grass.  I locked eyes with one, who stood stock still.  She stayed that way when I went to get my camera and I was able to get a few good photos of them.  I love those experiences.  Neither dog had any idea that they were out there.

My thrill at seeing the sunshine and being above the fog didn't last very long.  Once again the sun seemed to encourage the fog to grow and we were soon encased in it for the rest of the day.  Our high was just 41.

With JB coming home tomorrow, I did some cleaning and organizing.  Can't believe it's been four weeks. . .

Saturday 10/29. It was 39 and overcast this morning.  It just started to rain - again - as I went out to feed the girls at 8:00 am.  Soon it was pouring, and at 9:30 I noticed that there was a lot of snow mixed in with the rain.  Fortunately that only lasted for about 15 minutes.  Our high for the day was just 40.

JB called at about 11:30 am to say he was leaving, and he was home just before 3:30 pm.  The dogs and I were so excited to see him!  

Sunday 10/30. It was 37 and had just stopped raining when I got up at 7:00 am this morning.  The fog moved in and stayed Up Here all day except when it rained a few times.  JB couldn't believe how dark and dreary the day was.

We just spent the day talking and reading magazines and newspapers.  A lovely day in spite of the weather.  Tomorrow we plan to drive Miss Kitty down to the mail box to mail our ballots and other letters.  We will also stop by Larry and Elsie's to pick up a few items I ordered and had sent to their shop.

Monday - Halloween. It is 40 this morning.  The clouds are pink with the rising sun and I can actually see some blue sky.  I won't get too excited about that as there is rain in the forecast for every day this week.

Thought for the day: Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed? Count Axel Oxenstierna in 1648 (and nothing has changed since then)

No comments:

Post a Comment