Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016 Great Fun With Nene!

Some of the aspen on our
main canyon road.




Tuesday - Friday, 9/27-9/30. I brought our warm, dry Wenatchee weather with me to Seattle, but left enough behind for JB.  Nene and I thoroughly enjoyed the indian summer and I even got out to rake leaves from her garden.  Of course, she paid me what she would have had to pay her lawn care people.  There's no arguing with her when it comes to money.  

She completely spoiled me with food and snacks, as usual.  We only ate two meals at her house.  We played skipbo when we were at home and I was going strong the first two days.  However, on Thursday Nene ramped up her game and ended the week two games ahead.

When I told her a couple weeks ago that I had made custard, Nene said how much she loved it when Grandma would make it for them when she was growing up.  So I took some eggs over with me and made custard on Wednesday.  We had some while it was still warm.  Yum!  Then we had custard and coffee for breakfast Thursday morning.

The drive over and back across the passes was beautiful, but the Fall colors were still rather muted.  I stopped to see JB's Mom on my way over and we had a nice visit.

I arrived home around 3:00 pm on Friday.  Whenever I return to Wenatchee and our mountain, it always seems like I am coming home to where I have always belonged.  Much more so than any other place I have ever lived.

Saturday 10/1. It was 42 and clear this morning.  Unfortunately, on Thursday JB's Mom became quite ill and was taken to the hospital.  The prognosis is not good.  So we made our Fall garbage run right after breakfast, and JB left for the west side around 2:00 pm.  At least I got to see him for a day. . .

After he left I got my winter clothes out and put my summer ones away.  Nene's best friend (and guardian angel) was cleaning out her closets and gave a large sack of sweaters and blouses to me.  She buys very nice clothes and we have much the same tastes, so I feel like I have a completely new wardrobe!

I must have brought our Wenatchee weather back with me as JB had a rainy drive, even before he hit the mountains.  He had to unload his car at his brother's between downpours.

Our high for the day was 57 and I enjoyed a toasty fire all evening.  No movie tonight.  I started a new book.

Sunday 10/2. This morning began with a temp of 39 and overcast skies.  I put a fire in at 4:00 am when the dogs went out.  Couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up at 5:30.  Wow, October!  How did that happen?

JB spent most of the day at the hospital with his Mom.  She will probably go home tomorrow, but the outlook is not good.  They will probably have round-the-clock nurses come in, or she may go to hospice. 

I got out and split the small pile of pieces of wood that were two or three times larger than they should be, but were too wet three weeks ago to split accurately.  Now they were nice and dry, so I got them all done and stacked on the porch.  By 2:00 pm, it was time for a nap.

It was another very cool day with a high of 56.  The sky had cleared by noon, but clouds began to re-appear by late afternoon.

Monday 10/3. It is 44 and mostly cloudy this morning.  I will probably go Down There for some more stocking-up-for-winter grocery shopping tomorrow.

Thought for the day: I don't just believe in miracles, I rely on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment