Friday, October 7, 2016

October 7, 2016 Keeping Busy


Fall colors in the canyon
to the south. . .


, , , and Up Here.










Wednesday 10/5. Spent much of the day gathering large kindling from the west slope and the south slope to stack on the porch.  Also to use so I don't have to dig into the wood shed.

One of the reasons I drove Down There on Tuesday was to get new tarps.  Coastal had their annual half-price sale on them this week.  I think we only had one good tarp left, so now we are flush.  We use them to cover the wood on the porch, to cover MAX and the tractor, and anything else that need protection against the elements but won't fit in the shop.

The sky remained overcast all day and our high was only 52.

Still reading in the evening.  Haven't watched any movies since JB left.

Thursday 10/6. It was 41 and clear this morning.  Fortunately I used most of the electricity I needed before the sky became overcast again around noon.

Still gathering kindling from the south and west slopes, but now I am also taking from the large pile along the drive to the south ridge.  That pile is from the summer of 2008, where I stacked all the branches from the trees I was trimming.  Lots of good wood in there.

I finished another book, Traps by Mackenzie Bezos.  Very good, but if you're going to read it, grab a kleenex (for "good" tears).

Took a nice long nap and started another book.

Our son arrived in Seattle at 9:00 pm this evening.  JB's son and granddaughter arrived at 11:00 pm.  Wish I was there to see everyone.  Our son will be driving over to see me Sunday morning and stay til Tuesday morning.  JB's Mom remains in good spirits, but is very weak.

Friday 10/7. It is 45 and overcast with valley fog encroaching on Rose Camp this morning.  We had quite a downpour during the night, but the weekend is supposed to be dry and clear.

Thought for the day: She was unstoppable.  Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them

No comments:

Post a Comment