Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20, 2017 Welcome Spring!

One of my tiny
baskets.

An ice pillar that
formed in the bird bath.













Friday 3/17. Well, so much for Spring weather.  Snow began falling around noon and did so for about two hours.  Then it started snowing again about 5:00 pm and it was still coming down when we went to bed.  It was really too wet to stick as our high for the day was 34.  

Having ripped out and restarted crocheting my rug for the third time because the edges kept turning up, I decided it was trying to tell me something.  I am going to crochet fabric baskets instead and I am thrilled with the idea.  I love baskets!  

Saturday 3/18. It was 36 and partly cloudy this morning with barely 1/4" of new snow on the ground.  The predicted wind soon blew in, bringing more clouds, and then shooing them off to the east.  The sun managed to shine most of the day and our high was 42.

JB's ankle is bothering him, so he is pretty much a couch potato for a while.  I am pretty sure it is from walking on the soft, uneven snow and post-holing unexpectedly.  I spent most of the day working on my basket.  To give my hands a rest, I crocheted two tiny baskets that turned out really cute.  Just too windy to be outside much as it was gusting to 27 mph.

Sunday 3/19. It was 25 and mostly cloudy when I got up this morning, but by our morning walk at 10:30, the skies were clear.  It was another glorious day but our high was only 40.  The sun was warm, but the air was cold.

I was outside as much as possible and was going to walk down to our hair-pin corner, but the road was way too slick when I got to the really steep part.  I picked up branches, then shoveled the compost pile as most of the snow had melted and all the compost was piled up in the middle.  I also sat on the porch steps and just enjoyed the sun.  

With each day, the snow is shrinking more and more.  I never thought I would be so happy to see dirt!

Monday 3/20. It is 27 and mostly overcast this morning.  The first day of Spring!!  Woo hoo!

Thought for the day: Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.  Talent will not: nothing is more common that unsuccessful men with talent.  Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.  Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.  Calvin Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment