Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017 More Snow & A New Posting Subject

Looking up from the
hair-pin corner on our
Monday morning walk.


Looking down our
driveway at JB
taking his time
coming back up.

Our red-neck porch.














Friday 3/3. Another typical winter day. . .

Saturday 3/4. It was 22 and clear this morning.  A beautiful day, so JB suggested we take a different morning walk.  Instead of going up to the south ridge and around, we hiked down the road just past the hair-pin corner.  The dogs were delighted.  The snow had become heavy enough that we didn't sink to our thighs (just our boot tops) if we strayed off the track.

After breakfast I took the tarp off the the girls' run.  It gives them much more light and I figure we only have three or four more weeks of snow.  The girls were so pleased that they gave us four eggs again.

We are way past being able to freeze anything.  The temp is 22 in both the fridge and freezer.

Clouds floated over, but all in all it was a splendid day with a high of 36.

Sunday 3/5. It was 24 and snowing this morning.  When I measured on the way up to clear off the panels, we had received another 1-3/4".  I got up at 6:00 am with the dogs and stayed up.  Got busy and by 8:15 I had fed the girls and dogs, cleared off the panels and brought in the fire wood.  Won't be doing that every day.

While clearing the panels, Dinga alerted me to two coyotes crossing over the peak on the other side of the fence.

After lunch, JB and I moved the refrigerator from the middle of the porch to the north side of the front door, against the house.  Tomorrow he will switch the door to open from the other side.  And we will move it further to the north when we take the chairs and other items off the porch that are there for the winter.

I mentioned several days ago that I was starting to read Sue Grafton's books from the beginning, and I am now in the middle of L Is For Lawless.  JB has started reading his Tom Clancy books again and is enjoying Hunt For The Red October.

The mountains got pounded with snow all day, but ours quit at about 8:00 am and we had lots of blue sky with a high of 40.  I even had to take my coat off while cleaning the porch after we moved the fridge.

Randy has been after me to write more about the how-to's of living Up Here and I think he has a good point.  So beginning tomorrow, I will have two different postings each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  This, my normal one, and another that deals with the how-to's.  Of course I will probably have much less time now to talk to him on the phone. . .

We always have an egg dish for dinner on Sundays and this evening JB fixed a Swiss cheese and apple fritata.  Soooo good!  The apples were freeze-dried, diced Granny Smith.

Monday 3/6. It is 22 with mostly clear skies this morning, and more snow on the way tomorrow.

Thought for the day: If it can be solved, there's no need to worry, and if it can't be solved, worry is of no use.  The Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment