Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 29, 2017 A Grocery Delivery


My third basket.


Monday 3/27. Today was beautiful but breezy, with the strongest gust reaching 15 mph.  I had mentioned last night when talking to Larry on the radio that we needed dog food in the next couple weeks.  Elsie called this morning to ask what kind we needed and if there was anything else as she was going to Costco.  So before noon, Larry arrived Up Here on his four-wheeler with the 35# sack of dog food, coffee, bananas and all our mail, including several packages.  Again, they came to the rescue.

JB's foot was doing much better this morning, so he took the dogs on their morning walk.  It was slow going, but he did fine and really enjoyed it.

Tuesday 3/28. It was 34, overcast and still breezy this morning.  The mountains remained behind a wall of grey, but the sun managed to burn through the cloud cover occasionally, and our high for the day was 44.

JB overdid it with his foot yesterday, so he just took it easy.  He did bake some hamburger buns to have with the pulled pork he made for dinner.  I went on both our walks with the dogs and just did daily outside chores.  Too windy to be out there very much.  I finished my third basket, using cord, fabric and ribbon.  I also started my fourth one using jute twine.  I sure enjoy making them, and my arthritic fingers are already more nimble and less achy.

I have only noticed a few small patches of snow mold this year, and they quickly disappeared.  They are usually just at the edge of the melting snow.

And, speaking of melting snow, by the time of our afternoon walk, the snow was again softening.  So much so that I am sure I looked like I was intoxicated or infirm while walking on it.  Dinga insists on running and I am so afraid she is going to break a leg.

Wednesday 3/29. It is 32, snowing and sticking right now although it rained much of the night.  At this temperature, it will be raining down at Larry and Elsie's.

Thought for the day: Nothing you have done in the past is a waste.  It is all grist for your future.  From Habit Changers by M.J. Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment