Friday, June 1, 2018

June 1, 2018 Cooler Temps & Busy, Busy Busy!

Our elk on the game cam.
A couple of our bears on the
game cam.










Wednesday 5/30. My inner child had been whining a lot lately, so I had a very stern discussion with her.  Basically I said if she can't deal with the situation, then we shouldn't be living Up Here.  She's pretty much been in a better mood since then.

I did some more weed eating today.  Also cut back a lot of rose bushes in several places where they shouldn't be.  They tend to send out underground tendrils and pop up everywhere.  Gathered and stacked one large basket of kindling.  Then pumped more water into the cistern.  Also pulled the wagon containing the small generator up to the wood cradle so I can use my electric chain saw to cut some of the wood.

It was a bit of a chilly day, with a high of 62.

Thursday 5/31. It was 50 and overcast this morning.  Inside the house was down to 63, so I put a fire in the wood stove to take out the chill.

I found our heavy, 100-ft. extension cord, and was able to do a load of wash with the gasoline generator. JB called the Cummins repair line again and was advised that it was definitely, probably the regulator.  I will ask if Gridder can come up again and check it out.

JB was feeling much better today and moving around much more easily.  He mixed up some banana/chocolate-chip muffin batter and I put it in the tins and baked it.  Yum!

I used the weed eater to finish cutting the grove and around the tipi.  Then I cut behind the house.  Looking pretty good.

I tried one of the recipes in the summer issue of Self-Reliance magazine for black bean burgers and they were excellent!  

The sky was overcast all day and there was a very chilly breeze.  The sun broke through for a while around 4:00 pm, but our high was just 62 again.

Friday 6/1. It is 43 with clear skies and a breeze on this first morning of June.

Thought for the day: We lose the joy of living in the present when we worry about the future.  Guideposts, June 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment