Wednesday, June 27, 2018

June 27, 2018 Back To Work

Rose Camp park, looking down to
house from south ridge. . .
. . .and looking to the house from
the north ridge.
Prairie smoke with some
little asters.














Monday 6/25. JB finished mowing today.  Wow! What a difference!  Yesterday while he was mowing on the south ridge, he startled a grouse hen and her babies.  First time we have seen the little ones.

After morning chores, I split wood and JB took it to the wood shed in three tractor-bucket loads and I stacked it.

When the dogs and I went on our afternoon walk it was just like walking through a park.

JB noticed a good-sized bull snake by the porch.  I talked to the snake and told him he was welcome to stay as long as he took care of our mouse problem.

It was a good day for working outside, but with a wind gusting to 14 mph.  Our high was 67.

Tuesday 6/26. It was 47 and clear this morning when I got up to let the dogs out at 6:30.  The sun was on the porch and it was just too nice to go back to bed, so I sat out there with my coffee for a while.  Until the chilly breeze picked up.

After breakfast we got outside for more yard work (I figure we have about a five acre yard).  I pulled grass and weeds in the rock area between our cars and the hen house while JB use the weed eater to clean up in some mowed areas and between the house and the wood shed.  We continued these projects after lunch also.

We all went on a morning walk and in just one day the asters and yellow salsify had begun to bloom.  I also noticed a patch of prairie smoke.  The lupine has run its course, but there are still a few sun flowers.

A few clouds began drifting in from the southwest before noon and continued to do so for the rest of the day.  We had a breeze, but not nearly as strong as yesterday.  Our high for the day was 66.

Around 2:00 pm I began splitting more wood and finished all of it except for the three huge rounds from last years' tree.  Then I had to tear down and re-stack the ends of the second and third rows, as I usually do.  So now we have three good rows, and I will start the fourth tomorrow with what I split today.

Wednesday 6/27. It is 48 and partly cloudy this morning, with possible rain this evening.

Thought for the day: No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.  Aesop

1 comment:

  1. Flower pictures have been very well improved. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete