Friday, June 15, 2018

June 15, 2018 Mice & Down There Again

Connection too slow for pictures this morning.

Wednesday 6/13. I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am.  With no fun things on my list, I just focused on the groceries and got it done.  Was home a little after noon.

Finally put three of the tomato plants in the raised bed and one in a large barrel planter.  They weren't too happy about the wind, as they had been sheltered on the porch.

Other than the wind, it was a nice day with a high of 68.

Thursday 6/14. It was 44 and clear this morning with breeze.  JB put in a fire to take the chill out.  Caught two mice in the bathroom traps during the night.  I think they are getting in by the washer drain pipe.  Will definitely have to check that out.

Wash and dishes in the morning, then after lunch JB sliced up the two logs.  One was about 50' and the smaller one about 30'.  While JB took a nap, I did some splitting, then snipped branches into kindling and took them to the shed in two large bags full.  When JB got up, we moved the split wood to the shed and I stacked it after going on a walk with the dogs.

I guess I missed seeing the baby birds learning to fly, as both the wrens and the robins are gone.  I am surprised that the families leave so quickly.

Another nice day with a breeze, but not as strong as yesterday and without it the temperature would have climbed into the uncomfortable area.  Our high was 66.

Friday 6/15. It is 52 and clear this morning.  Caught one more mouse last night.  JB will be on his way Down There for his annual check-up with his cardiologist and do some errands, including filling the gas cans.  Between the gas generator, the splitter and Miss Kitty, we have been using it up much more quickly.

Thought for the day: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment