Friday, June 29, 2018

June 29, 2018 Where Did June Go?!

Paintbrush & yarrow.
My hanging basket from
Elsie is flourishing.
A great start on our
firewood.















Wednesday 6/27. First thing this morning we moved all the grass and weeds I had pulled from the rock area yesterday to behind the compost pile in five tractor-bucket loads.  Then I went in to do morning chores and laundry while JB did some more weed-eating.

After lunch I pruned rose bushes that were intruding on some of the pathways and did more general clean-up.  The weather was perfect for working outside, with a few clouds and a high of 70.  A light rain began to fall around 8:30 pm and lasted for about an hour.

Thursday 6/28. It was 48 and clear this morning with a 9-mph breeze.  I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am for errands and groceries.  Bought everything we need for our Fourth-of-July family gathering except for perishables which I will go down for on Monday.  The wind was really blowing in town, as it often does, but it would have been uncomfortably warm without it.

I do so enjoy being able to stop and visit Mrs. Gridder and Elsie on my way back up the mountain, now that they are both home.  Mrs. Gridder is out of school for the summer and Elsie is loving her almost-completely-retired status.  With all my visiting, I was home a little before 3:00 pm.  Our high Up Here for the day was 69 with a wind gusting to 15 mph.

I can't believe that the month of June is almost gone!  And just where did it go?  May was a lovely month that just slowly ambled by, whereas June was obviously in a hurry to leave.  But it left us with some great memories.

Friday 6/29. It is 48 and clear this morning with a very slight breeze.  Temperatures are supposed to be cooler through next week.

Thought for the day: The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.  George Washington Burnap

No comments:

Post a Comment