Wednesday, October 17, 2018

October 17, 2018 Bye Bye Birdie & Back to Work

Mushrooms popping up
in our yard.
Larch spreading their Fall
colors on Mission Ridge.
















Monday 10/15. When I went out to feed the girls first thing this morning, I discovered that Blackie had died some time during the night.  The rest of the girls were all lined up along the fence near her.  Interesting.

I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am with three large bags of laundry and a short list of groceries.  There is a woman who works at the laundromat who is just a hoot.  We spent most of the time trading stories and laughing.  I also downloaded several more TV episodes on to my tablet.

Didn't get home til after 2:30 pm, but it was a gorgeous drive with all the Fall colors sparkling brilliantly in the bright sun.  Our high Up Here was 62.

Tuesday 10/16. It is 47 and clear this morning.  No fire needed in the wood stove.  JB's turn to go Down There today for two regular doctor's appointments.  He has a quarterly check-up on his pacemaker, and this was his last check-up on his back.  They also checked his rib and it is mending nicely.

I finally got outside to get some work done.  Buried Blackie and took down her little pen.  Then the dogs and I went for our morning walk.  Deer season has started and I noticed our neighbor to the south was up on the peak scouting for deer.  (They actually own the very top of the peak.)

After lunch I split four large rounds that we will move to the porch tomorrow.  JB was home just after 2:30 pm.  Another beautiful Indian Summer day with a high of 64.

We watched Message in a Bottle this evening, and that is it!  No more Nicholas Sparks' movies for me for a while.

I felt so good all day long, with lots of energy, and now I have a raspy, sore throat.  At least I don't have all the congestion that JB did.  He is feeling much better.

Wednesday 10/17. It is 42 and clear this morning.  Sore throat or not, we need to get the wood moved and stacked on the porch.  Also need to get the generator moved out of the trailer and back where it belongs.

Thought for the day: We're all just walking each other home.  Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment