Friday, October 26, 2018

October 26, 2018 Lots of Splitting Before The Rain

My "new" clothes drying rack.






Wednesday 10/24. Did a load of laundry this morning and it is so nice to just start the propane generator with a push of a button from inside the house, instead of having to go outside, string an electric cord from the gasoline generator to the bathroom window, and pull-start the generator!

I hung all the wash inside on the clothesline and the tall, wooden clothes drying rack that Mrs. Gridder's Mother gave to me when we had a garage sale.  I love it!

After lunch I went out to split some wood, which felt so very good to do.  JB moved it all to the porch where I stacked it, almost finishing the first row on the south end.  I feel so great!  Even better than I did before I got sick.  I think the Universe knew I just needed some time off.  A complete rest.  Although winning a free vacation would have been a lot more fun. . .  Just sayin'.

We switched cards in the game cam yesterday when we went Down There.  So surprised that there were NO photos of deer.  No wildlife other than the two of us and Jesse, a grouse and some coyotes.  However, deer season opened a week ago Saturday, so they are probably all laying low.

The sky remained mostly cloudy today and our high was 55.  Each day seems to be getting a bit cooler.

Thursday 10/25. It is 44 and overcast this morning with rain due in later today.  I got out early to do more splitting before the rain moves in.  It arrived around 11:00 am in the form of a light sprinkle, just as I finished loading the second of two loads of wood in the tractor bucket.  JB drove it to the porch and I stacked it, finishing the first row and starting the second on the south end.  We covered up everything that needed it, and by 12:30 pm, it was raining fairly steadily.

I am going to have to go Down There on Saturday to mail all the Halloween cards and a gift.  I have gathered up all my Ritz and graham crackers and will drop them off for the Gridders, which really hurts. . .

Our high for this drizzly day was 48.

Friday 10/26. It is 40 this morning and as the sun rises, the fog is quickly receding.  Rain fell most of the night and we will probably get more today.

Thought for the day: I can't tell if it is killing me or making me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment