Monday, October 22, 2018

October 22, 2018 Home Remedies & A Working Generator

Moving the generator back to
where it belongs.
More wood on the porch.















Wednesday - Saturday 10/17-10/20. The days began in the low 40's and highs were in the low 60's.  Part of our fantastic Indian summer that may even continue to middle of next week.  So hard to be inside and sick, when we really need to be outside working.

JB used the tractor to move the wood I had split and the rest of the small branch wood to the porch where I stacked it over two days.  He is feeling a little better.  I had a sore throat Wednesday and Thursday.  So sick I completely forgot it was my Aunt Nene's 93rd birthday on Thursday, but was able to call her on Friday.

On Friday I helped JB move the generator out of the trailer and back where it belongs.  Didn't take too long.  Then we were back inside sipping our herbal tea with lots of honey.  Also sucking on hard, peppermint candies which soothe a sore throat and stop most of the coughing.  In the evening I fixed hot wine with butter and honey.  All much better than anything at the drugstore.  Well, except for ibuprofen.  Taking two of those most days, too.  Also sleeping a lot.

JB has been doing my chores and taking such good care of me.  He makes a much better nurse than I do.  Also, when he is sick, he isn't nearly as cranky as I am when I am sick.  It has been literally decades since I have had the flu.  I may start getting flu shots.

The girls have been giving us one egg a day for the past couple weeks, and on Wednesday and Thursday they didn't give us any.

Deer have come to our yard during the night to eat the mushrooms.  Then they helped themselves to the flowers in one of my half-barrel planters.  

Saturday JB started hooking the generator back up.  I just forced myself to do nothing but sleep and watch Netflix TV episodes on my tablet.

Sunday 10/21. It is 42 and clear this morning.  And I feel almost human again.  JB is much less congested.  Things are looking up.

JB finished wiring the generator while I worked on the trailer, tightening all the bolts and nuts, and replacing ones that were missing.  Then together we attached the propane line and battery to the generator.  Placed the top back on and started it up.  It came on as soon as we remembered to attach the ground to the battery.  Woo Hoo!!

We plan to make our Fall garbage run on Tuesday, and pick up a few sale items at Grocery Outlet.  That is my new first-stop now whenever I go grocery shopping.

Such an incredible day to be outside!  Our high was 64 and the sky remained clear, with a little inversion haze.

Monday 10/22. It is 46 and clear this morning.  Am giddy just feeling healthy again.  Lots to do, but am not going to push myself.

Thought for the day: I don't want life to imitate art.  I want life to be art.  Carrie Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment