Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October 31, 2018 Panels, MAX & The Last Wood Splitting

Our winter porch from the outside.


Monday 10/29. After feeding the animals their breakfasts, I went back to bed for two more hours of sleep.  A bit of a lazy day.  More like Sunday than Monday.  Brought in wood & did a load of laundry.

JB was going to work on getting the second axle in MAX, but the wind was just too cutting where it is parked.

I wonder what Mother Nature is up to with all the fir and pine cones this year.  I don't remember ever seeing the trees so laden with them.  What does she know that we don't?

We tilted the solar panels all the way down today for the winter sun.  Seems like we just tilted them for the Autumn sun. . .

The dogs and I hiked down the road to the hair-pin corner, cleaning out all the pine-needle dams in the drainage ditches.  So many needles this year, too.

When I visited Larry and Elsie on Saturday, Larry convinced me that I had actually seen a bobcat instead of a lynx by showing me a picture of the two side by side.  We had a bobcat up here several years ago, and in looking at the photos I took, it did not have tufts on its ears.  So I assumed that what I saw was a lynx.  Nope, bobcats do have small tufts on their ears.  Hmmm. . .

A nice but cool day with clouds floating over and a high of 50.

Tuesday 10/30. It is 34 with a mostly clear sky this morning.  Brrrr!  Gave the girls oatmeal for breakfast, which they loved.

I was outside before 9:30, splitting some more wood.  JB moved it to the porch in two loads where I stacked it on the second south end row.  That is it for the year!  I am done!  We always plan to be done with wood by November 1, so I am two days early.

After lunch we worked on MAX and finally got the axle in.  Very frustrating due to a defective nut.  (No, not either of us. . .)

There is more snow on the mountains, especially to the north.  By the end of our afternoon walk, the sky was overcast but the sun found one little break to shine through.  Our high for the day was 51.

Wednesday 10/31. This Halloween is starting out wet and foggy with a temperature of 34.  Rain began falling around 11:00 last night.

Thought for the day: If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katherine Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment