Friday, November 2, 2018

November 2, 2018 A Birthday & Strong Wind

T-shirt I gave JB for his birthday.
Last of the Fall colors
in the canyon.
















Wednesday 10/31. Turns out it was low clouds this morning, not fog.  Took a while for them to dissipate.

We are down to the second of two loaves of banana bread that JB baked on Monday.  They don't last long with us.

Having finished splitting wood for the year creates both a sense of relief and a sense of "OK, what do I do now?"  Lots of books to read and inside projects.  I did start getting organized for Christmas.

We put the last two tires on MAX, only to realize that we had left off a part on that last axle. . .  We will deal with that on the next nice day we have.

I baked brownies for JB's birthday tomorrow.  I don't do cakes well.  They never seem to rise for me.

It was a fairly nice day with clouds skittering across from northwest to southeast and our high was 54.  The sky was clear by sunset, except for big, fluffy clouds over the mountains to the west.

Thursday 11/1. On this, the 76th anniversary of JB's birth, it is 46 and mostly cloudy.  We had a little rain very early this morning.  Just enough to get everything wet.

In totaling up October's stats, JB found that we got only 26 eggs from the girls.  But there was already one waiting for me when I went out to feed them breakfast, just for JB's birthday.  Also found that I had split a total of 172 rounds during September and October.  Of course a few of those only needed two to four cuts.

I went back to bed for another 1-1/2 hours of sleep this morning.  With the darkness creeping further and further into our days, I think my body just wants to hibernate.

After I got out of bed the second time, I drove Miss Kitty down to pick up the mail which I knew would contain birthday cards for JB.  Other than that, it was a lazy day.  JB wanted tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner, and they really it the spot.

Weather wise, the day was cloudy and windy with a high of 54.

Friday 11/2. It is 46 and partly cloudy this morning after a loud windy night.  We had sustained winds of 23 with gusts up to 33.  Am sure we will all go back to bed after I post this and feed the animals.

Thought for the day: It's not the years in your life that count, but rather the life in your years.


No comments:

Post a Comment