Friday, November 30, 2018

November 30, 2018 Working On Christmas

On last day of November,
two partial rows still left
 from Oct & Nov.



Wednesday 11/28. With all the ice on the ground, trying to control my fire wood sled is like trying to rein in a runaway horse. . .

Valley fog grew all day and finally tried to sneak in around 2:00 pm.  It crept in and out, never staying too long, until on our afternoon walk the fog from the north started racing in.  By the time we arrived back at the house, we were completely ensconced.

When I designed our Christmas card, I neglected to take into account my hands that don't work so well any more.  It's not going to be one of my better creations, but it's okay and I love its sentiment.

With these "warmer" temperatures, the snow is not quite as crusty and has begun to disappear in places.  It's all gone on our south slope and all the other south slopes we can see from Up Here.  Supposedly December is going to hit us hard with precipitation.

Our high for the day was 40, but it quickly cooled and tiny snowflakes began falling a little after 4:00 pm.  It was still coming down when we looked out at 9:00 after watching the first four episodes of The Ranch on my tablet.  JB was laughing so hard I thought he was going to wet his pants!

Thursday 11/29. It is 30 and overcast this morning.  We only received 1/2" of snow during the night, but it began snowing again when I went to feed the girls at about 8:15 am.  Looked a lot more serious than last night, but it only lasted an hour and just left a trace.  About the time the blue sky began to appear, so did the fog. . .

I worked on getting organized for Christmas and wrapped all the gifts that I have so far.  Still have a bunch to make.

On my reading, I am taking a break from the murder and mayhem in the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn, and am re-reading the Mitford series by Jan Karon.  They are so soothing to the soul

Our high for the day was 36 and just before sunset the valley fog to the north receded quite a bit.

Friday 11/30. It is 30 this morning and mostly cloudy, but no valley fog.  There is nothing that will get you out of bed faster in the middle of the night than a barfing dog, especially if that dog is on your bed.  And that's just what Jesse did at 5:30 and 6:45 am.  (Fortunately, he did make it to the floor.)  We had each been up once to put a fire in, so I am sure we will be napping today, either before or after putting on Miss Kitty's chains.

Thought for the day: Faith by its very nature must be tried.  Oswald Chambers


No comments:

Post a Comment