Wednesday, November 28, 2018

November 28, 2018 Rain, Ice & A Wee Bit of Politics

A dining table for the deer. . .
. . . & one for the squirrels
& chipmunks.
















Monday 11/26. I left for Down There at 9:00 am and didn't arrive back home until 3:00 pm.  A miserable day in town.  Raining all day.  But I did get all my errands and grocery shopping done, and took my time at Hobby Lobby to find everything I needed.  I never get a shopping cart there, too tempting to go hog wild.  I only buy what I can carry. . .

It had rained Up Here a bit while I was gone, but stopped before I got back.  I thought the road might be slippery, but it was no more so than when I went down.  We were in the fog or clouds all day and our high was 33.

JB made lasagna this evening for tomorrow's dinner.  The recipe calls for it to sit in the fridge overnight and it always turns out so delicious.

With so little power coming in on days like this, it is perfect for us to watch something on my tablet.  This evening we watched the first episode of the first season of Midsomer Murders.  Great series!

Tuesday 11/27. It is 30 and overcast this morning with high valley fog.  Sounds like it is raining outside, but it is just the rime and snow melting off of the trees and roof.  The snow has a thick crust of ice on it.  It is impossible to walk on the paths or road as they are solid ice.  A bit dicey getting around today.

By 10:00 am we could see patches of blue sky.  Soon the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous, if slippery, day.  The valley fog completely receded by noon.

There are grouse or turkey tracks in the icy snow coming in from the north.  Two of the apples for the deer are gone.  I think they were here late this morning and the dogs chased them off.

I finally decided just how I am going to make my Christmas cards, then made some parts for them.

So Trump has the illegal aliens sprayed with tear gas, and every libtard in the nation is screaming.  Our previous president did the same thing in 2013 and not a peep.  You just can't fix stupid. . .

Our high for the day was 40 and some of the ice melted, but not much.  The deer must have sneaked back in, because all the apples were gone by sunset.

Wednesday 11/28. It is 32/36 this morning and overcast.  I've got to get more organized for Christmas.  I don't even have all my gifts yet. . .

Thought for the day: The world in which you were born is just one model of reality.  Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you; they are unique manifestations of the human spirit.  Wade Davis, anthropologist

No comments:

Post a Comment