Monday, November 19, 2018

November 19, 2018 A Fun Day Down There & Guess I'm Getting Older

A visiting doe.




Friday 11/16. A day for inside projects.  I did the quarterly maintenance on the refrigerator, which is kind of like ironing - it isn't really hard to do, it's just a matter of getting in and doing it.

After lunch I took a while to look through our winter photographs, chose one, and designed our our Christmas card.  Of course, my ideas may change several times as I actually get into making them.  At least I've got a start.

No snow fell today, as it was forecast as a possibility.  Our high was 42.  Obviously higher than Randy's, but it looks like the cold is coming back.

Saturday 11/17. It is 28/22 this morning with clear skies.  Our little herd of deer was near this house when we got up this morning, with the 4X4 buck and one doe just outside our bedroom window.  The buck wandered off before I could grab my camera, but I did get a good shot of the doe.

Am dressing warm for my trip Down There and really looking forward to the day.  Was on my way at 9:30 am and ran a couple errands before I met Elsie.  We had a great time at the craft fair and both bought Christmas gifts for others and scarves for ourselves.  Then it was off to a girls' lunch out.  Sat and chatted, and stuffed our faces.  Ran to Costco for a few items & Coastal for corn for the girls.  We were back to her place before 3:00 pm, and I was home close to 3:30.  What a great day!

It is often hard to think of myself of getting older (even though the mirror says otherwise), but perhaps there are some things I shouldn't be doing so aggressively.  I do need to slow down.  But right now the age of my body has little to do with my state of mind.  It is not an accurate reflection of who I am inside, and this makes me look at older people much differently.

I have found a couple ticks on the dogs in the past week, which is surprising.  Didn't think we would have a problem this late in the year.

This was a gorgeous day both Down There and Up Here, with brilliant sunshine and bright blue skies.  Our high Up Here was just 34.  (We're getting down there, Randy!)

Sunday 11/18. It is 28/22 again this morning, and again with bright blue skies.  My first day putting on long underwear this season.  I went on both walks with the dogs, but I have a hard time getting very ambitious on a Sunday.  Just trying to get my mind around the fact that Thursday is Thanksgiving, and then there's the mad dash into Christmas.

JB baked a mocha bundt cake.  Probably the best one he has ever made!  I did my daily chores, read the newspapers I bought yesterday, and cooked dinner. . .

It was another gorgeous, crisp Fall day, again with a high of 34.  I really do need to get busy tomorrow.  JB is going Down There Monday or Tuesday to fill up all our gas cans.

Monday 11/19. It is 24/21 this morning with clear skies and a light pink sunrise.

Thought for the day: There are three periods in life: youth, middle age, and "how well you look."  Nelson Rockefeller





1 comment:

  1. Oh, Just RUB IT IN Wild Rose! 17 Degrees this morning...lingering cold. Good thing your Aunt "C" moved into town with a THERMOSTAT! Even the weasel under the front porch won't come out. Time to pull out the Fi**le Family Pickle Warmer! Randy

    ReplyDelete