Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018 Frosty Days & A Trip Down There

Heavy frost instead of snow.




Monday 11/19. Another crisp, sunny day with no clouds although snow is quite probable for Thanksgiving.

The dogs are really living up to their nick names lately: Miss Barks-a-lot and Mr. Farts-a-lot. . .

And speaking of getting older, I seem to have issues with dressing for Down There.  I think that I look okay or even pretty good, only to find out when I get back home that my pants have a baggy butt or there's a stain on my shirt.  Maybe my mind isn't quite what I thought it was.  Hmmm. . .

JB drove the tractor around a bit, then put anti-gel in the gas tank.  He also used it to move the plow over to where we park the tractor.  Then gathered the gas cans to be filled on his trip Down There tomorrow.  He will have to take the trailer, as they won't all fit in his Jeep.

I put some apples and dried corn out for the deer.  I just hope they will find them.

Our high for the day was 34.  The morning frost lasted all day except for areas that the sun found.

Tuesday 11/20. It is 26/21 this morning with blue skies and a heavy frost.  The inversion-layer haze is getting thicker.

Jesse didn't wake us up to go out until 5:30 am and we had both slept through the night.  The temperature had gotten down to 63 in the house.  Guess I will have to start setting the alarm for 2:00 am to put in a fire.

JB left after 10:00 am, pulling the trailer almost full of gas cans.  His round trip took a little more than three hours to fill them all and run a couple other errands.  While he was gone I cleaned house and did some little indoor projects, along with my daily chores.

Another beautiful day with a high of 34, but with a definite brown haze on the horizons. 

Wednesday 11/21.   We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with Larry and Elsie tomorrow, and wish everyone a holiday full of thanksgiving with family and/or friends.

Thought for the day: Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil.  It has no point.


No comments:

Post a Comment