Friday, October 5, 2018

October 5, 2018 Snow On The Mountains & A Trip To Yakima

Moving the generator.

Moving wood to the shed
on the sled.















Wednesday 10/3. Not really sure I'm ready for the cold weather yet, as if I had a choice. . .  JB left for Down There a little after 9:00 am and had to scrape the frost off his Jeep windows.  He is going to pick up MAX's re-machined axle, drop off some recycle, and run a few other errands.

I hung the laundry inside today.  By noon the sky had become overcast.  On our morning walk, I could see snow on Mission Ridge to the south and some of the mountains to the west where Stevens Pass got hit hard in yesterday's storm.  

I did my daily chore of splitting wood.

After JB got back home, we spent a couple hours getting the propane generator loaded into the trailer.  I know this thing weighs at least 200 lbs.  So because of JB's allergy to asking for help, we rigged up a sling on the tractor bucket which actually worked pretty good.

Today's high was 44, 18 degrees colder than yesterday.  As I said, I am really not ready for the cold.

Thursday 10/4. It was 34 and mostly cloudy this morning.  After a few adjustments on tying down the generator, JB was on his way to Yakima at 9:00 am.  It took him an hour just to drive down our road. . .

After lunch I split some more wood, then used the sled to move yesterday's and today's wood to the wood shed with the sled.  I stacked it and am closing in on the end of the seventh row.  Then I went in and baked some cookies.

JB was home by 5:00 pm.  A good trip, but a lot of driving.

Today's clouds were the opposite of yesterday, with the sky mostly clear by noon.  Our high for the day was a balmy 56.

Friday 10/5. It is 35 this morning with a few high, wispy clouds.  Will probably do some more splitting, then get ready for my weekend trip to Moses Lake.

Thought for the day: Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.  Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment