Monday, May 13, 2019

May 13, 2019 Garage Saling & A Mother's Day Visit

A good shot of a
prairie star so you can
see how it got its name.
Addition of another rubber
ducky to our dinosaur stump
courtesy of  JB's brother &
sister-in-law.
My view from the porch
on Mother's Day.

















Friday 5/10. The swallows are Up Here on their annual, and always unsuccessful, search for a place to nest under the eaves. 

JB continued his 200-hour maintenance on the Jeep and finished up everything but getting the cap to the water separator off.  Larry drove up around noon to help him, and together they got it done.

After hanging up the wash, I vacuumed out my Jeep.  Something I don’t usually do on a yearly basis, but there was straw all over the back seat where I put the bale of straw I brought up last Fall.  I usually put a tarp down, but just didn’t last time.

Late this afternoon, JB planted the Walla Walla onions.  We still have to get some potato starts.

The Douglas tritaria is blooming now on the south ridge, and the lupine buds should pop very soon.

Some little critter has been trying to dig its way into the hen house and finally made it in this afternoon.  We think it is a grey squirrel, but are concerned that it might be a weasel.

Our May weather so far has been 12 – 15 degrees above normal, fortunately we are due for a cool blast early next week.  Our high for today was 74 with no clouds in sight.

Saturday 5/11. It is 58 and clear this morning.  I was up at 6:30 am in order to be ready to leave by 8:00 and be down at Mrs. Gridder’s by 8:30 for our day of garage saling.  Saw some wild turkeys on my drive down in Miss Kitty.  A few of them were in Larry and Elsie’s yard.

We got our latte’s on our way over to East Wenatchee and both found some great buys.  We always have so much fun together.  But the day soon became quite hot and we were on our way back to her house by 12:30 pm.

On my drive back up the mountain, I stopped in at my brother’s cabin as he is up for the weekend.  Had a nice visit and was back home a little after 2:00 pm.  JB was thrilled with my deal of the day for him – a big, heavy vice.  The deal for the day for me was a heavy duty lounge chair which also folds into a cot - $2!

While I was gone, one of the projects that JB worked on was to dig down in front of the hen house door and put a piece of wood and some screen in order to thwart the critter from digging in again.

Clouds had begun to move in just after noon and our high for the day was 78.

Sunday 5/12. This Mother’s Day began with 58 and mostly clear skies.  It was a nice, relaxing day, and the only work we did was move the wood I had split during the week over to the wood shed in 3-3/4 bucket loads.  I stacked it and we now have about 1-1/2 rows.

Unfortunately, the wood and screen didn’t keep the critter out of the hen house, so tomorrow I will gather some rocks and see of that works.

It was hot again today and our high was 76.  The forecast calls for cooler weather beginning tomorrow, which will be so refreshing.

Larry and Elsie drove up this evening with a beautiful hanging basket Elsie makes for me each year for Mother's Day.  We had a lovely visit that was such a perfect ending for the special day.

Monday 5/13. It is 50 with clear skies this morning.  Looking forward to the cooling trend.

Thought for the day: Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.  Timothy Leary

No comments:

Post a Comment