Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27, 2019 "Magic" Pain Relief

The squirrel & chipmunk restaurant
near our north ridge.




Friday 5/24. The rain stopped about 8:30 this morning.  And baking did get done, but it was JB who did it.  He made two small loaves of banana bread.  I did more weeding around the house.

It was another dark and dreary Seattle-like day with a high of 62, some rain beginning about 4:00 pm, and with not much getting done.  We were like real retired folk. . .

The highlight of my week, of my year so far, is finding a “magic” pain reliever!  A good friend had recommended a CBD beverage concentrate for my neuralgia pain and I finally tried it.  I put about six drops under my tongue, and the pain was gone within five – ten minutes!  The Ethos Relief CBD beverage concentrate does have a little THC in it, but I felt no side effects.  Another good friend recommended a CBD lotion, and that works as quickly on my arthritis!  The Liberty Lotion has no THC in it.  The Washington State Legislature finally got something right when it legalized marijuana!

Saturday 5/25. It is 48 and overcast this morning having obviously rained most of the night.  The rain began to fall again just before 11:00 am, and continued on and off for the rest of the day.

A day like this is made for just doing little things around the house.  Puttering.  My one big project was cleaning out my side of our bedroom closet.  I tend to shove things in there when I can’t quickly find any other place for them.  And, of course, it is a good day for reading.

Dinga always knows when the first rain drop falls.  She starts pacing and wants one of us to come outside with her so she can show us.  She is quite sure that we will be hearing thunder at any moment.  We could have thunder just once in 60 days of rain.  Doesn’t matter.  To her, the threat is always there.

When I went to give the girls their afternoon snack, there was a spotted grey squirrel in the hen house, but I could find no obvious place where he got in.  That type of squirrel is from California and is an invasive species that has been working its way north for several years now.  We only just saw it in our canyon last year.  Most people in the area use them for target practice, which is something we may start doing.  Never thought I would say anything like that, but they are as destructive as the pack rat.

We saw some sun and blue sky just before 5:00 pm, but it didn’t last very long.  Our high for the day was 52.

Sunday 5/26. What a nasty night!  The rain poured, the wind blew, and Dinga paced.  Now it is 48 and still pouring, but at least the wind died with the sunrise.

Another indoor day, and I find myself doing little things I rarely find time for.  Like sorting out and re-organizing kitchen drawers, and find myself saying, “Oh, there it is!” more than once.

I also tackled that one rack of shelves in the loft on which I put items for which I have no other place.  Really just needed organizing, although I did find a large box of photo frames, and will get rid of most of them.

JB found a book in one of our catalogs with the title Liberalism Or How To Turn Good Men Into Whiners, Weenies And Wimps, written by Burgess Owens.  I’m almost tempted to buy it!

The rain finally let up about mid-afternoon, but there was no break in the clouds until around 6:00 pm.  Our high for the day was 48.

Monday 5/27. It is 50 and mostly cloudy this Memorial Day morning.  Looking forward to a dry week.

Thought for the day: When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal, I see a living being.  I see a friend.  I feel a soul.  Anthony Douglas Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment