Friday, May 24, 2019

May 24, 2019 Working & Another Trip Down There

Little blue butterflies who
congregate on wet ground.
The tipi surrounded by
blooming arnica.














Wednesday 5/22. JB used the weed eater, starting on the north side of the house.  I split about half of a humongous round.  Wore me out trying to wrestle it into place.

The overcast gradually thickened and it was a dark but dry day with a high of 58.  Dark and dreary, but just before the sun set the sky was suddenly fairly clear and the sun made quite a brilliant splash going down with the clouds that were left on the horizon.

Thursday 5/23. It is 50 and mostly clear this morning.  JB chased the cattle back through the broken fence again first thing by yelling and clapping his hands.

I was on my way Down There at about 8:15 am to run a few errands and buy a few groceries.  The forecast called for 80 in town today and I am quite sure it made it.  Just too hot to dawdle, so I was home by 1:00 pm.  But I did take the time to visit the Goodwill store in East Wenatchee and found several good movie DVDs.

While I was gone, our neighbor who owns the cattle came up and drove the fence line in his 4X4.  JB had a good chat with him and he will be back up tomorrow to fix the fence in a couple places.

While I was putting away the groceries, JB did some more weed eating.  Then I did some raking.

The sun shone all day, but by mid-afternoon lots of dark clouds started moving in.  Our high for the day was 72, but we are supposed get some more rain tomorrow.

Friday 5/24. It is 48 and raining this morning.  Oh, good - because I really do need to do some baking. . .

Thought for the day: You must learn from the mistakes of others.  You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself. Samuel Levenson

No comments:

Post a Comment