Monday, May 20, 2019

May 20, 2018 A Birthday, Back to Work, & THE MOVIE!

My chicken purse!
My solar flower light.














Friday 5/17. After feeding the girls and dogs, then fixing my coffee, I opened my birthday cards and presents.  Wow!  Am I spoiled! (But I love presents!)  My cousins gave me a chicken purse (see above) filled with chocolate, plus a coffee gift card!  I got more coffee gift cards, a book-store gift card and a Dollar Store gift card.  Boy, am I going to enjoy using those!  Then I enjoying a relaxing morning and spent time on the phone with birthday calls.  How nice!

The cloud cover began breaking up about 1:00 pm and soon the sun was out.  Lupine is now blooming on the south and north ridges.  The forest floor is a thick, lush green dotted with yellow, purple, white, and blue.  Our high for the day was 58.

I made chicken salad for dinner with a rotisserie chicken I bought at Costco yesterday.  One of my very favorite meals.

Larry and Elsie drove up to visit and bring me a beautiful solar flower light.  What a great ending to my special day.

Saturday 5/18. It is 43 and mostly clear with a light breeze this morning.  After dishes, laundry and vacuuming, I drove Miss Kitty down to visit my brother who is at his cabin again this weekend.  Always a beautiful drive, but absolutely phenomenal in the Spring.

As we approach the south ridge on our daily walks, the air becomes heavy with the scent of blooming wild flowers and deer brush wafting up from the canyon.  Have I mentioned how much I love Spring?  Our high for the day was 61.

We watched Eat, Pray, Love this evening.  Now there's a movie I will be watching again and again.

Sunday 5/19. It is 42 and overcast this morning, and has just stopped raining.  And speaking of rain, it is interesting that when it is pouring, the only birds about are the tiny humming birds.

The overcast broke up a bit and the sun was out by noon.  Our high for the day was 60.

JB drove up to the Gridder's cabin around noon to look at a propane generator they want to sell.  I left a little after 2:00 pm to drive down to meet Mrs. Gridder and the boys for another birthday present - to see Endgame.  Amazing!  A three-hour movie that was so entertaining that it seems no longer than two hours.  Superb writing and acting!  I will have to see it at least ten more times to grasp everything that happens. . .

Monday 5/20. It is 48 and overcast this morning, and is looks as if we had rain for most of the night.

Thought for the day: Every Spring is the only Spring - a perpetual astonishment.  Ellis Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment