Friday, May 17, 2019

May 17, 2019 More Rain & A Trip Down There

Yellow bear grass & blue
Douglas tritaria.



Wednesday 5/15. I crawled back into bed after feeding the girls and dogs.  Took a lovely two-hour nap.  The sky was overcast when I awoke and it looked like we might get more of the predicted rain.


After lunch I split three rounds of wood while JB just about finished his wiring project in the battery room.  He is making a plug so we can just plug in another generator to run the house, instead of having to wire it each time.  Then we moved the split wood in two bucket loads to the wood shed and I stacked it.

A soft rain arrived about 3:00 pm, so I cut our afternoon walk short by not going up to the south ridge.  Within an hour we had a steady rain that was still falling when we went to bed just after 9:00 pm.  Our high for the day was 58, which is just perfect for working outside.  No sweating today.

Thursday 5/16. It is 48 this morning and we are in the clouds.  Looks like it rained most of the night.  JB left for Down There at 7:30 am to get a blood draw for his labs.  I left at 8:30 am and met him for my one-day-early birthday breakfast at Denny’s.  I could get used to this. . .

We got rid of my Jeep-full of stuff at the thrift store, then went our separate ways.  JB to his favorite used-book store, and on to a dentist appointment to have a tooth pulled.  I ran a few errands, bought a few groceries and some scratch for the girls.  I was home by 12:30 pm, and JB arrived back a little after 2:00 pm.

The clouds had lifted by the time I got home, but rain was pouring down by 4:00 pm.  It can get quite loud on our metal roof and Dinga does not like that at all.  She always equates rain to thunder, and we actually have thunder storms in the forecast for tonight.  Our high for the day was 55.

Friday 5/17. This morning of my 72nd birthday is 45 and overcast with a breeze.  Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day.

Thought for the day: Having a birthday is better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment