Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 29, 2019 Busy, Busy, Busy

(Too slow of a connection for photos this morning.)



Monday 5/27. I sat on the porch this morning with my coffee, in the sun, and watched the cloud cover break up and drift off to the southwest.  Again, these clouds had come in from the northeast.  The birds were out joyfully celebrating the dry, sunny morning.  A pair of the flycatchers have moved into an old nest under the eaves.

I finally had to force myself to do the quarterly maintenance on the fridge.  It's not that it is hard or time consuming, it's just a matter of getting to it.  Then I did some splitting and weeding.  JB used the weed eater, still working on north of the house.  I am definitely on the lookout for a good, self-propelled lawn mower.

Paint brush is blooming on the south ridge and a couple of places near the house.  The yellow bells and alpine spring beauties are just a memory, having been replaced by the Douglas tritaria and prairie stars.

Huge, fluffy thunder clouds drifted down from the north during the afternoon, staying well to the west.  Our high for the day was 68.

Tuesday 5/28. It is 60 and clear this morning.  JB was on his way Down There by 9:30 am with a trailer-load of empty gas cans to fill.  By then the temperature was already 72.

I had a busy day doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, weeding and some splitting.  Of course, I always take time to sit on the porch inbetween chores.

Dinga is really shedding, as she always does this time of year, and she is quite adamant about NOT being groomed.  We have to be sneaky about it.  When I vacuum, the canister is full of her hair.

JB was home by 1:00 pm, ate lunch and took a nap.

The thunder clouds were again stacking up, drifting in from the north.  On our afternoon walk I heard distant thunder from the west.  In the evening we began hearing distant booms from the northeast, but we escaped having anything close to us.  Our high for the day was 78, but with a lovely cool breeze.

Wednesday 5/29. It is 56 this morning with clear skies.  Tomorrow we plan to do our Spring garbage run.

Thought for the day: My mantra is "I have to change the way I think in order to change the way I feel."  That gets me motivated.  Robin Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment