Wednesday, May 15, 2019

May 15, 2019 Lizards, Rain, & Thwarting The Critter

My Mother's Day basket &
angel's wings.
Arrowleaf arnica blooming
near the house.
















Monday 5/13. A light overcast soon formed this morning, and the air became quite muggy.  I have seen several lizards Up Here already, and of course our two “gate keepers” on the rocks by the locked gate.

No rain in the forecast for today, so I hung the wash outside despite the overcast.

While JB was using the weed eater, I split two rounds, one large and one extra large.  Then JB moved them in 1-12 tractor bucket loads to the wood shed and I stacked them.

I collected rocks from our little pile and JB moved them over to the hen house door in the tractor bucket.  He dug down in front of the door and I placed some screen and then the rocks all along in front of it.  Then we covered it all with dirt.  Hopefully that will deter whatever critter is trying to dig in.

It was a sweaty day in the muggy air, and our high was 74.

Tuesday 5/14. It is 57 and overcast this morning.  We felt a few drops of rain around 10:00 am.  The forecast is a 20% chance of rain, but often that means 20 drops, so that may have been it for the day.

When I went to feed the girls their breakfast, it was obvious that the critter had tried to dig into their house again.  However, he ran into the rocks and couldn't make it.  Woo Hoo!

When the wash was ready to be hung up, there was a light sprinkle going on outside, so I hung it up inside for a change.  We enjoyed the very light sprinkle most of the day.  It cleared the air and smelled so good, but did not keep us from going outside.

I worked in the loft for a few hours, sorting and piling up a Jeep-load of stuff to give to the thrift shop.  Can’t believe how much crap I have still been hanging on to.

While relaxing on the porch, I was watching a orange-capped sparrow doing his mating dance when suddenly a fly catcher swooped down and attacked him.  Stunned, the poor sparrow just stood there for a few moments thinking WTF?!  Pretty much what I was thinking, too.

By late afternoon a wind had sprung up and blew the rain away but not the clouds.  Our high for the day was only 57.

Wednesday 5/15. It is a chilly 42 this morning with mostly clear skies.  Perfect for working outside.

Thought for the day: We are a product of the choices we make, not the circumstances we face.  Roger Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment