Monday, December 3, 2012

Dec 3, 2012 Weather



Valley fog creeping up and burning off

On Friday the sun struggled bravely all morning to burn off the fog, finally succeeding for the most part around noon, at least Up Here.  The fog continued to drift up now and then from the canyons and valleys, only to dissipate in the mountain sunshine.  The rime and snow melted off the branches, creating a shower beneath the trees.  But by mid afternoon the sky was overcast and the fog remained Down There, however the panels managed to capture alot of the sun's power.

I am still getting the firewood from the back row in the wood shed.  That row is almost three years old and about 1/3 junk wood.  During the day we use the branch and junk wood for the fire, while we are around to feed it, saving the best for night.

Mission Ridge ski area opened Black Friday, and for the past three mornings their avalance control cannons have been roaring, causing Jesse to stay outside only for the time it took to do his business, and then rush back inside.

It was my turn to get outside in the sun, while JB sat at his computer working on the timber project.  I took out the garbage and recycle, brought in firewood, and then the dogs and I went on a short hike.

Saturday, December 1 and no fog.  I had hoped that November would take the fog with it as it left.  So far, so good.  Not sure why, but I really enjoy keeping track of the weather and writing about it.  Probably because I can actually see what's going on from Up Here.  No other houses or tall buildings to block the view.  Don't have to peak between the rooftops to see the sky.  I can see the fog and clouds coming and going.  I can follow the sun on its daily journey.

I was addressing the Christmas cards and realized that somehow my card list grew from the time I started making them to when I started addressing them.  Hmmm.  JB continued working on the maps for his timber project.

Larry and Elsie drove up in the early evening for a visit, and we played marbles.  The dice were completely against me, and so the girls lost.  Just wait til next time guys. . .  Forgot to mention the third ingredient in Elsie's skunk odor removal solution - baking soda.  Dawn soap, sodium peroxide and baking soda.

Sunday dawned clear and windy.  The sun shown, but the mountains remained hidden within a snow storm that threatened but never quite reached us.  We both worked on our projects.  Next year I am going to start making Christmas cards in July!  Finally got them all made and addressed, and JB has all but finished the timber paperwork.  Hopefully I can submit it when I go Down There on Tuesday to mail our Christmas cards and packages.

JB made a banana/burbon/cream cheese pound cake that is absolutely scrumptious, but very rich!  I failed to get any decorations put up, but maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. . . or sometime this week. . .

And speaking of delicious, exploring the world of Dutch babies, German pancakes and frittatas is a delicious adventure.  Of course German pancakes have been one of our favorite meals for years, and we just discovered frittatas a few months ago.  Then last week, JB made a ham and cheese Dutch Baby for dinner.  Excellent!  They are all very similar, but just a little different.  JB has another recipe for a cranberry and marmalade Dutch baby that I can't wait to try.

Thought for the day: The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.  Michelangelo

No comments:

Post a Comment