Monday, March 11, 2013

Mar 11, 2013 Another Political Rant


JB leaving for Down There
Friday morning

Mt Baker on Saturday

















Friday, 3/8. JB finally got on the road at 8:45 am.  The snow was sparkling in its light coat of frost, and big, fluffy clouds surrounded us atop the mountains.  I was up at 7:00 so I could blog before he left and felt much better than yesterday.  The walkie-talkies needed new batteries, but when we put them in (correctly), we couldn't get them to work again.  Will have to deal with that later.

I may get dissed by some of my Seattlite friends, but when I tried the McDonald's mocha latte while I was in Port Orchard, I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and the price.  May have to get one when I am Down There next time.  It will make my Starbuck's gift card last longer.

Took the dogs for their morning walk after doing the dishes.  Some of the fluffy clouds had broken off and were floating over.  JB has often seen deer down in the south canyon on his morning walk, but no such luck for me.

After lunch I made gingerbread coffee cake from a rather complicated recipe and it was way too runny when I put it in the oven.  It turned out a bit flat in the middle but was delicious.  Am sure there is a misprint, so will cut back on the water next time.

Then another walk with the dogs.  Just too nice to be inside.  Spring is definitely in the air.

JB was home by 3:00 and said it was the best ride in MAX he has had in ages.  Unloaded and put everything away.  Read the mail and one newspaper, saving the other one to read with breakfast.  Pizza for dinner and then watched "The Banger Sisters."  Excellent!

Saturday, 3/9.  Another clear, cold morning.  20 degrees and sunny.  Was such a great day that we spent lots of time outside.  I picked up most of the small branches blown down in the grove.  Too muddy to get all of them.  Then sat on my bench on the north ridge for a while.  JB drove MAX around the paths Up Here to tamp them down.  Temperature got up to 40 again and mud season has arrived.

Larry pointed us to an interesting web site - Bill O'Reilly's message board.  Yeah, I know, where have I been?!  Seems now the numbers are proving voter fraud in the presidential election.  In some cities there was a 120% to 240% voter turnout!  Obama won every state that did NOT require a photo ID.  He lost in every state that did.  Hmmm. . .

Regarding gun control, several gun manufacturers "will no longer provide any product or services to any state government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens."  Yes!  And Colorado Democrats want to ban hunting rifles.  Are they nuts??  Well, yes, as a matter of fact, they are.

Watched two episodes of Game of Thrones.  Am trying to get JB to read the second book before we get the DVD.  The series is very well done, but one misses the depth of the books by just watching.

Sunday, 3/10.  Began overcast and 29, but got up to 42.  The sun peeked out and we had some blue sky in the afternoon.  Because there was no sun in the morning, I decided to do a wash.  Decided to let the weather determine laundry days, so we use the generator on as few sunny days as possible.

Haven't been feeling well for the past week, achy with a sour stomach.  Have been drinking copious amounts of peppermint/chamomile tea (1 bag of each in a large mug) which is my go-to for all things intestinal.  Am happily back to coffee this morning.  Wasn't sure if it was a bug or because I have gradually stopped taking probiotics.  Since I feel so much better today, it must have been a bug of some sort.

This is my least favorite day of the year.  We may have more light than the winter solstice, but today is actually the shortest day of the year.  Only 23 hours, by government decree.

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I came to the realization that I would not be selling crafts from a booth again.  I really enjoyed doing it in Illinois for those few years, but it just isn't practical Up Here with our road.  Would have to leave way too early and would get back way too late.  I'll just concentrate on making my own cards and gifts.  The web site, etsy, is a possibility I might consider.  JB will be thrilled as now I can get rid of all my display items, which will be several boxes worth.  So I spent most of the day sorting our my craft end of the loft.  JB was outside alot and on a long walk with the dogs.  I only went out for our afternoon walk which was down to the game cam to put the card back in.  The road is still slick, with ice under the snow, especially in the shaded areas.

Seems that Senator Rand Paul's filibuster worked, as the Attorney General has recanted his statement about the government having the authority to use drones to shoot American citizens.  (See thought for the day.)

Watched the first two episodes of "True Blood".  At this point I still prefer "The Vampire Diaries."

Monday, 3/11.  This morning is mostly clear and 29.  We plan to drive MAX down to JB's Jeep to see if we can get it unstuck.  If so, we'll park it near the intersection of our road and the main canyon road.

Thought for the day:  Nearly all men can withstand adversity; if you want to test a man's character, give him power.  Abraham Lincoln



No comments:

Post a Comment