Friday, March 22, 2013

Mar 22, 2013



4" new snow on the first day of Spring


Clouds and snow to the north and west of us
on Thursday















Wednesday, 3/20.  The snow stopped falling from the sky and began to drip off the trees.  The fog drifted in and out all day.  The clouds let loose with something again, but couldn't make up its mind if it was snow or rain.  Then the sun peeked out, and shortly the sky was blue and the wind picked up.  March. . .  I am fascinated with the weather Up Here,  probably because I have never been so intimately involved with it.

After lunch I made more Easter cards and then went out to help JB with MAX.  We opened him up and JB was able to determine that the tensioner had slipped down from the rear left chain and the chain had come off the sprocket.  While he was doing that, I brought in firewood and then walked up to the south ridge.  The dogs spotted two deer, which I saw soon after they gave chase.

We needed to jack up MAX in order to turn the wheels and get the chain back on, but by then the clouds had blown back in, bringing more snow.  Much of the 4" we received overnight had indeed melted and this new precipitation did not stick.  So we went back inside and I defrosted the fridge before dinner.

Watched "The Vampire Diaries" and enjoyed it immensely.  The wind was howling when we went to bed.  Guess I am getting used to it because it didn't keep me awake long.

Thursday, 3/21.  Woke up at 3:00 am with an idea for Mike's Easter card.  At 14, I can't sent him the same kind I make for the two- to six-year olds.  The front will read, "We didn't think you would want a card with flowers and a bunny. . .", and inside will read, "So here is just plain Happy Easter! and some money."

At 7:30 am it was mostly cloudy and 18 with only a slight breeze as a remnant of of last night's wind.  Today's precipitation began falling about 11:30 am in the form of tiny hail pellets.  Didn't last too long and then the sun came out.  The rest of the day's snow and clouds stayed to the west and north of us until dinner time when we got some flurries.  Our high was 32.

After an early lunch, I made more Easter cards and JB was working on his computer.  About 1:00 we went out to work on MAX.  Got him jacked up and opened up.  Since my hands are the smallest, I got to work on the chain.  I managed to get it back on the sprocket and the tensioner back in place.  Having never done this before, I wasn't sure if that was too easy or not.  We closed him back up and JB started driving, only to have the chain come off again about 20 feet later.  Guess it was too easy.  Will try again tomorrow.

Made a couple more cards, along with Mike's, while JB read a book that Larry and Elsie had given him for Christmas, "Killing Kennedy" by Bill O'Reilly.  By then the wind had picked back up and the snow started moving our way.  More fickle March snow, I am sure.

Friday, 3/22.  Partly cloudy and 14 outside this morning.  Brrrrr.  Seems like winter has no intention of letting go.

Thought for the day:  All I can say about life is, oh God, enjoy it!  Bob Newhart

No comments:

Post a Comment