Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March 11, 2015 Down There to the Doctor

(Internet connection is too slow for a photo this morning.)


Monday 3/9. I overdid it on Saturday and Sunday so now I'm paying for it.  I guess I should just tip toe into physical activity instead of jumping in with both feet.  But I also have something going on with my intestinal tract that I probably should get checked out and I feel like I have a low-grade temperature.

We were out trimming branches off the larger tree and JB was using the chain saw on the larger ones, when my phone rang.  It was Larry calling to say that he could hear us and it sounded like the chain was dull!  He said to bring it down so he could sharpen it.  It was our last chain, so JB drove Miss Kitty down with our three chains for Larry to sharpen on his machine.  When he left, I got out my small limbing saw.  I knew for sure that Larry was right when I was able to cut the limbs in half the time it had been taking JB.

By the time JB returned, I had all the small and medium branches cut and had done a few other chores.  I felt fairly good as long as I kept moving.  With the newly sharpened chains, JB finished limbing the tree.  Then he brought the tractor down.  I attached the top of the tree, that was hanging over the edge of the ridge, to the tractor with a long strap so it wouldn't roll down when JB cut the top 20' off.  It worked perfectly and he pulled it up where we could cut it into rounds.  Some of the branches on the lower part of the trunk have been driven more than a foot into the ground.  There are a few that I am not sure we will ever get out. . .

The larger tree was 77' tall, plus the 2' stump.  The shorter, "tuning fork", tree was 68' tall, plus the 2' stump.  Lots of firewood for the winter of 2016-17.  We will have enough left in the wood shed and on the porch for next winter.

Temperatures for the weekend were in the high 50's and today actually reached 60!  I opened all the windows to let in the fresh air.  I love it!

It was a very good day and I plan to go Down There tomorrow mainly to get the laundry done.  If I am feeling better.

Tuesday 3/10.  It was 45 and partly cloudy this morning, and I was awake most of the night with nasty intestinal pains.  My slight fever finally broke at about 5:00 am.  I will be going Down There, but not to do the laundry.  JB is going to take me to the doctor as I am pretty sure my diverticulitis is acting up again.  Can't believe it took me this long to realize that. . .

We left at about noon and the road was pretty sloppy.  I can only imagine what it is going to be like after the rain that is due in tomorrow.  I went to the walk-in clinic since I couldn't get in to see my doctor.  I was right about the diverticulitis and when we left for home I had two antibiotics to take, which means bland food and no alcoholic beverages for ten days.  So I am going to bed tonight with instructions for JB to wake me only for meals and meds.  On 3/20 I will arise and begin life anew.

Wednesday 3/11.  It is 43 and overcast this morning and it rained a bit during the night.  Having started my meds yesterday, I already feel so much better.  Maybe I won't stay in bed. . .

Thought for the day: May you live all the days of your life. Jonathan Swift




No comments:

Post a Comment