Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015 All's Well

(Internet connection is too slow this morning for a photo.)

Friday 3/20. Took my last two pills today.  Will be glad to get rid of that metallic taste in my mouth and the off-kilter feeling.

The sky remained overcast and our high for the day was 50.  A perfect day to finish my book, Odd Apocalypse.  Dean Koontz never fails to entertain.

The first day of Spring and it went almost unnoticed Up Here, as all the flora, fauna, and us humans are pretty sure it began a few weeks ago.

JB's Mom is being released from the hospital today and is going into a rehab facility so she can build her strength back up.  JB plans to come home tomorrow.

Saturday 3/21.  It was 40, clear and windy this morning.  I got on my way at about 9:45 am to go to the track meet and see Mike.  Picked up a latte on the way, and as I walked to the bleachers, almost ran right into him!  We had a nice chat before he had to go.  I found RJ and we got a good seat.  Only had to wait about a half an hour before Mike's first event - a hurdles relay.  I was so excited to finally be able to see him compete in person and be able to cheer him on.  I got some great photos, too.

I couldn't stay for his second even which wasn't until 3:00 pm, so I said my goodbyes and left to do some grocery shopping.  I was home by 2:30 and JB arrived back at 5:30.  So very good to have him home again!

Sunday 3/22.  It was 35 and overcast this morning.  We had a nice leisurely start to a relaxing day with a big breakfast and lots of newspapers.  Just took the day off.

A light precipitation began falling around noon.  It couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or snow, so we got some of both off and on for the rest of the afternoon.

Jane called and we had a great chat - until my phone battery died.  She is enjoying beautiful Spring weather in the 70's, and is very thankful that their snow is all gone.

We watched the last three episodes of season three of Homeland.  Not sure why the critics thought it was a slow season.  

Monday 3/23.  It is 35 and partly cloudy today.  We want to get out and finish cutting up the trees and move the rounds to the splitter.  Also want to drive Miss Kitty down so I can bring my Jeep up to our road.

Thought for the day: You can't wait for inspiration.  You have to go after it with a club. Jack London



No comments:

Post a Comment