Friday, March 20, 2015

March 20, 2015 Flowers & Two Drives

A blue grouse I saw on my drive down to Elsie's
on Thursday.



Wednesday 3/18. Such a wonderous day!  There is a balsam root plant in bud on the south ridge already.  We usually don't see them until May.  Elsie says there is one in full bloom on the hillside near them.

I really wanted to hear music today, so I got out my Andre Rieu CD's and popped them in the stereo.  Wow!

At about 1:30 pm I drove Miss Kitty down to check the mail, pick up the package at Larry and Elsie's, and let their dogs out for a romp.  At the mailbox I met another neighbor for the first time and we had a nice chat.  He lives on the paved road.  When I let the dogs out, they really were slow going back in even though they knew they would get a treat.  It was just too nice outside!

On my drive down our road I had to make a couple stops to move large rocks that I could not drive around.  On the way back up I had to make several stops to remove smaller ones.  But it was a great day for a drive.

JB's Mom may be able to come home tomorrow.  Each day seems to bring another delay.

Thursday 3/18. It was 38 and overcast this morning, with rain and snow in the forecast for the next several days.  The clouds started breaking up in the late morning, and the sun shone for the rest of the day.  Our high was 53.

I want so much to get to know my Grandchildren, but since that is just not an option right now, I think that by writing about my life and thoughts that they may get to know me in some way.  Both my Mom and Dad saved letters that they and their parents wrote and received, so I have letters dating back to the very early 1900's.  By reading them I have come to know my great-Grandparents (whom I never met) and my Grandparents a little more.  And that feels very good.

I had a very social day on the phone.  Talked to JB, Elsie, Randy and our son.  JB's Mom will not be coming home today and things are a bit up in the air right now.  Had a good chat with Randy who has become quite the mountain man by packing a .45 now whenever he is walking out and about.  Since it looks like JB will not be home for a while, I called Elsie to ask if she could drive me back up from their place if I drove my Jeep down.  The road is pretty good right now, but I am not sure that will last with all the rain and possible snow we are supposed to get.  Any other time I would have just driven the Jeep to where our road meets the main canyon road, parked it there, and walked back home the two miles.  But with the meds I am on, I just don't feel I would make that hike very well.

After dinner I drove my Jeep down to Elsie's and she drove me back up in their UTV.  As she says, "That's what neighbors are for."  And such a good neighbor she is.

Friday 3/20. It is 42 and overcast this morning.  The dogs got me up at 6:00 am, but I went back to bed and overslept.  Couldn't get on the internet right away, so fed the chickens and dogs first.  Crazy morning!  But it's my last day for meds - Woo Hoo!!

RJ's son has a track meet in Wenatchee this weekend and I am so looking forward to going to it.  

Thought for the day: It takes courage to grow up and be who we really are. e e cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment