Friday, March 13, 2015

March 13, 2015

(Again my internet connection is way too slow to upload a photo.)

Wednesday 3/11. Feeling so much better this morning, I rushed out to meet the day and got tripped up by my own exuberance.  I have to slow down until I really am better.  

There is another stump by the two from the trees that JB just took down and I can picture a nice little garden spot there with flowers in the stumps, the bird bath and a bench.  An inexpensive project for my summer.

JB cut four more rounds from the larger tree (a 27" diameter), and moved them to the splitter.  Finally a little before 2:00 pm I felt better and went out to help.  We got some of the large, bare branches moved to where we plan to build the new wood cradle.  I broke smaller ones into kindling.

We watched the last episode of True Blood, season five, and hit the sack early.

Thursday 3/12.  I left for Down There at about 9:00 am with loads of laundry to do.  Just took things slowly and did much better today.  Picked up a few groceries.  Stopped in to visit with Larry and Elsie.  Spent some time at the Salvation Army store and found a couple books, a queen-size sheet to use as a couch or bed cover, and a longs-sleeved T-shirt.  Went to my 2:30 pm doctor's appointment for a follow-up to Tuesday's visit to the clinic.  I am definitely on the mend.  Also got a blood test for celiac's disease, per JB's request.

It was 4:40 pm by the time I arrived back home.  Our high Up Here was 57, but it was 68 Down There.  I am pretty sure we are going to pay for this incredible weather in another couple weeks as March roars out of here.

We started watching season three of Homeland which I have heard is supposed to be kind of slow.

Friday 3/13. Another Friday the 13th!  It is 40 and overcast this morning with rain due tomorrow.  Still so much clean up to do and rounds to cut with the trees.

Thought for the day: A great pleasure of life is doing what people say we cannot do. Walter Bagehot

No comments:

Post a Comment