Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015 Pi Day, Rain & A Trip to Seattle


JB moving the big rounds.






Friday 3/13. JB cut five rounds on the smaller tree and went through three chains on the chainsaw.  I think that tree is petrified!  He also cut the top twenty feet of the larger tree into rounds, and with no problems.  Then he moved all the rounds to the splitter.  I broke all the little branches off a pile of large branches.  Both these trees had mistletoe which causes the branches to be very brittle.  A bad thing in a wind storm, but it makes clean up a lot easier when you are taking them down.  Don't have to clip, just bend and break.

I also broke a pile of smaller, dead branches into kindling and took two wheelbarrow loads to the wood shed.  Looks like we actually got a lot of work done today.

In the mail I picked up yesterday was an invitation to my 50th high school class reunion!  If that doesn't make me feel old. . .  And I have no desire to attend.

I finally read the paperwork for the antibiotics I am taking and I probably shouldn't have.  One of them seems to have more than two hundred possible side effects, most of which are worse than what I am taking it for.  I figure by next Friday, when I am done taking them, I will either be completely well or I will be dead. . .

JB's Mom had to be taken to the emergency room and no one is quite sure what is wrong.

Watched more Homeland, and season three is a bit slow but there are some great twists and turns.

Saturday 3/14. This morning was 45 with a light shower.  By noon the clouds began to break up.  The sun peeked out.  And the wind was gusting into the high 20's.  At least it is drying out some of the mud.

I am experiencing a couple of the side effects from the pills: nausea and diarrhea.  Looks like it is going to be a fun week.  At least there is no more pain.  I just have to do less and examine my ideas about bland foods.  In my boredom, I baked cookies and read a book. 

As JB put it, we hit the trifecta today - the girls gave us three eggs!

JB's Mom was admitted to the hospital last night and the problem seems to be viral, but they still are not sure exactly what it is.  JB will probably go over there tomorrow.

Our son emailed us photos of the grandchildren on Pi day!  Pi is 3.1415916 and so on.  Today is 3/14/15 which only happens every 100 years.  So in the photo the children are holding a sign which says "Happy Pi Day! 3.1415", holding a phone with the time of 9:16 next to the sign, and eating apple pie!

Sunday 3/15. This morning was rainy and 40 degrees.  I am really upset that my Aunt Nene did not keep the rain on her side of the mountains.  Well, we actually need more moisture, but I just wish it had come in the form of snow.  

We loaded up Miss Kitty with JB's luggage and I drove him down to his Jeep at Larry and Elsie's at about 10:30 am.  Don't know how long he will be gone, but he needs to be there when his Mom is released as both his brother and sister-in-law, with whom she lives, work.

I spent the rest of the rainy day just napping and reading.  The rain continued to fall steadily until about 9:00 pm, and then the wind picked up again. 

Monday 3/16. It is a chilly morning with a temperature of 38 and a mostly clear sky.  Will probably be another quiet day of just putzing around the house, reading and napping.

Thought for the day: Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug.




No comments:

Post a Comment